Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Download Meter?

Options
  • 22-05-2003 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used the Eircom Download meter?

This is what I get. I've only been online 2 weeks and I can't have downloaded this much. Check out the Upload level also, at 128kp/s how could this be possible?

Any ideas on what to say to Eircom? Who do I ring about it? Are they geffo gonna charge for going over the cap limit? How much will this cost if they make me pay it?

Total Downloads to date this month: 5422 MB
    Download Allowance: 4000 MB
    Percent of Allowance used to Date: 135%
    Estimated total Downloads this month: 7640 MB

Download allowance used
    5422 MB -> 135%

0 MB 4000 MB

Time Online Bytes Uploaded Bytes Downloaded Allowance Used
    May 2003 199:53:05 4311 MB 5422 MB
    100%+

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭disco_rob_funk

You gotta exaggerate when estimating what amount you're going to download.

I never thought I'd download 40GB in three weeks(!)

Good ol' Netsource!

RC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

No way, I've really been watchin it. I've only once downloaded 200mbs and 4 days I didn't use it at all. Yesterday their meter said that I downloaded only 1317mbs in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

((5,422-4,000)*0.03) = E42.66

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 idnb

check out this thread that was started earlier: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=97139

you'll see there's others having the same problem. From checking on broadbanddownload.eircom.net I've apparently used 14GB so far which comes to a grand total of 310 euros I allegedly now owe eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

hey man
    there the exact numbers on mine

and havent even dloaded a gigabyte!

im ringing those ****s

• Advertisement
Advertisement