Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stupid question: whats the best socket A motherboard

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I bought one of these bad boys last week ( Abit kd7 ),it uses the kt400 chipset which is suppost to unlock the multiplier on your processor but i havnt got a chance to try it yet,I orderd a barton 2800+ from komplett,so i will get it thismorning and try some serious overclocking with it thisevening.for E12 more id go for the kd7 if i was you,has the same bus speed and ATA/133,USB2.0,10/100Lan,Agp x8,onboard sound,and supports faster ram ,333 + 400 .tis a v.good board,on overclocking i'll get back to you l8r.

CombatCow
    *waits for some1 to recommend an nforce board*:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

I bought a sweet board about 6 weeks ago but can't seem to remember the name of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

deckie27
    I bought a sweet board about 6 weeks ago but can't seem to remember the name of it

:rolleyes: Could it be a : nForce2 - Epox 8rga+ by any chance ?

CombatCow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Got the NF7-S 2.0. Good board. Good for high FSB.

Using it with Barton 2500+ (the 2800 won't overclock higher so no need for it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Oppss.... I didn't realise my sig was turned on ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

If you are overclocking i would definitly go for the NF7 Rev 2.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

sorry but I ment to say only in ireland or england and give some links.

I'm shopping around for good prices

Originally posted by Combatcow
    I bought one of these bad boys last week ( Abit kd7 ),it uses the kt400 chipset which is suppost to unlock the multiplier on your processor but i havnt got a chance to try it yet,I orderd a barton 2800+ from komplett,so i will get it thismorning and try some serious overclocking with it thisevening.for E12 more id go for the kd7 if i was you,has the same bus speed and ATA/133,USB2.0,10/100Lan,Agp x8,onboard sound,and supports faster ram ,333 + 400 .tis a v.good board,on overclocking i'll get back to you l8r.

CombatCow
    *waits for some1 to recommend an nforce board*:rolleyes:

do u mean this one?

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&p=26752&t=845&l=2&AvdID=1&CatID=10&GrpID=5&s=pl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

What about the nforce boards?

I'm getting tired of the via compatibility issues that seem to arise.

nforce boards is it a onboard Graphics or the X8 AGP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

you guys probably never heard of these boards but i picked one up and its fantastic

goto http://www.canyon-tech.com/

And go for the via apollo chipset one, highly overclockable and so easy to maintain and use

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

anyone know of a board that comes with serial ata + 4 ide + r ddr + agp x8 for a amd chip . not sure the chipset . i saw one somwhere ages ago and cant rember for the life of me where and i need a new board but thinking of getting this one .

also anyone know a gud fairly big full tower gud for modding ( not chief tec ) also looking for one of these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,149 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

And go for the via apollo chipset one, highly overclockable and so easy to maintain and use

via apollo mate u must be off ur rocker

anyone with an amd chip who chooses any chipset over the nforce2 is nuts, its the only semi decent semi stable amd chipset currentl going, the new via kt 600a might be nice, then again going on kt400 it might not be

do urself a favour buy a nice springdale intel mobo ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by Cyrus
    via apollo mate u must be off ur rocker

anyone with an amd chip who chooses any chipset over the nforce2 is nuts, its the only semi decent semi stable amd chipset currentl going, the new via kt 600a might be nice, then again going on kt400 it might not be

do urself a favour buy a nice springdale intel mobo ;)

Sorry i meant kt400, was working last night, wasnt looking at what i wa writing

Shin

Advertisement