Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL Test : Pass; Pass ; Fail

Options
  • 23-05-2003 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭

Recently I ordered Netsource's RADSL Product. I did this after making sure my line was capable of being upgraded to DSL. Having gotten at least 2 assurances by eircom that the line was compatible and different times, I went ahead with ordering the Netsource product. This week (starting Monday 18th May) I got a phone call from the Netsource salesperson I had been dealing with (Nicola Ryan). I was told there was a problem at my exchange and the line was coming up as "no result available" (or similar). I rang eircom to clarify the situation as I did not understand why this would be the case. The Eircom employee I was speaking with was unable to tell me why this had happened, despite consulting her supervisor. During the last 2 days, I have been away. While I was away a message was left to another person living in my house to say DSL was in fact not available. Once again I rang eircom to clarify the situation, and once again they were unable to answer my query in a satisfactorily.

This is here firstly for the purposes of me ranting off how annoyed I am and also to warn those who have had successful tests to take the results as gospel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭shinzon

this isnt unusal im afarid, complain to comreg its the only way your going to get BB now, anytime your ring eircom from now on theyll say your lines failed and youll hit a brick wall.

Im still waiting for the product manager to ring me back about my BB prob, same as yours, im only getting this call after a put in an official complaint with Comreg

Regards

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Synkronite

I passed in November 2002 by Eircom, passed again by Eircom in January 2003.. they were about to send out forms when I decided to wait for RADSL.. April 2003 applied for RADSL, told I failed. No explanation given other than that lines are tested every four weeks and maybe a fault developed in that time.

Cabrons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

I sent exactly what is above at the time of posting to comreg :p

(tis why there are no terms like"biddies" and "****wits" in it

Well, Ive been passed by Esat, Eircom and Netsource- have decided to go with EsatBT's IOL Broadband.. Will be set up in 12 working days :) *fingers crossed*

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Could you post up the link to the wite where you can give your eircom phone and account numbers and have them test your line?

it's www.dsl-something but I can't rememeber where I saw it or what the whole link is.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

Can check on eircom's site here

Is it possible to check my line for Esat/IOL's Radsl online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by Shamo
    Can check on eircom's site here

Is it possible to check my line for Esat/IOL's Radsl online?
    Yes but I think its the same test.

These online tests dont check your 'line' rather they check if your exchange is enabled.. You still have to ring to find out if your line passes the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Agreed... and even when you phone them to have your line checked, they just access some database of automated line-checks over the previous couple weeks/months.

I had a new line put in and it took about 4 weeks for it to show up as "passing the test". During that 4 weeks period it kept reporting "failed" due to the fact that it was a split line previously.

Advertisement