Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Technical question an Audi A4

Options
  • 23-05-2003 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

I have a 1999 Audi A4, I was going to buy rear clear lens for it, but the problem is that there were 2 very similar model A4 Saloons out at that time, one realeased in 1995 and went on to 2000, and another that was released in 1996 and went on until 1999 (this second one was know as the "facelift" model).

Now my problem is that I dont know what model mine is, they are both 8D(B5) series model. If someone could point out some of the differences between them so that I could tell wheather mine is the facelift model or not. The problem is that the rear lights are slightly different on each model and I need to get it right or they wont fit, and I'm getting them from the US ($199 vs about €250 euros here) so I don't have the chance to try them beforehand.

If anyone can help me here I'd really appricate it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Da Man

Are you saying two different A4 models were sold at the same time? I find that extremely hard to believe. Just call an Audi dealer, preferrably the service department.

Does either $199 or €250 include VAT? Because you will be charged VAT when importing and possibly 10% duty as well. Plus the shipping cost. Hardly worth the hassle for a €50-odd saving.

Another place to try is vwvortex.com. All the VAG people hang out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭padraigmyers

Yes I am saying that there were 2 different models sold at the same time, and I definetly know thats its true. There are only very slight differences between the models.

I meant to say that they were 350 here and they are also slightly different looking and I prefer the ones I was looking at in the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

I doubt there would have been two models on sale concurrently. I believe there was a slight facelift on that car sometime around 98-99 (too lazy to check), but that means there would be very few of the older model sold after the new one came out, especially since most A4's would be sold to order.

Your best bet is to get onto a dealer with the chassis number of your car and get him to check it for you. You could also get a copy of the haynes manual for the car which would give you all the info you need to identify it.

Advertisement