Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your gamer/online names?

Options
  • 23-05-2003 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭

It would be interesting to see how every1 came up with their gaming/online names.

to start the ball rolling.
    mine for example.

started with the most unoriginal reaper back when q2 was at its height. then it became papillion when i started playing as a scout in tfc after seing the film papillon.
    If any1 has seen the film, then they'll know that papillon never gave up in his struggle to flee the prison island.

and even though i wasn't the best at tfc i never gave up.

(and yeah i know. i spelt it wrong)

who's next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I've always been 'Lemming', although during my stint inside a TFC clan it became '[NINJA]Lemming'

I got the lemming name from two of the sports I did being rather injury-inviting. Downhill mountain biking - ie. find the shortest route off a steep mountain - a cliff - and go down it as fast as you can without invoking the words 'killed' or 'death' or 'grim-reaper', which led to the "lemming on a cliff" thing I had, which got condensed to 'Lemming'. Then the fact that the martial art I used to do was a full-contact-no-padding lark, you'd find yourself "walking" into kicks/punches/knees/elbows/judo-throws/ground-holds/wrist-locks/pressure points/other-thoroughly-painful-things, etc. from time to time.

I've aliased - the odd time - under my more common nickname (in reality) - "Griff" - originating from my surname being "Griffin"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

[DaDs]Kdjac

KDJAC for kids initials and [DaDs] for www.thedadsarmy.org a Clan consisting of fathers :D

[DaDs]kdja on BF1942 cos i got great stats and dont want to lose them :)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭PAPILLION

lol. lemming

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Ive always been Washout as in the guy from Hot Shots....

.Who ends up wearing the thickest glasses...remember the ones where he has lil fishes in the lenses :)

anywyas suits me know form thaat movie for bf1942

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

mooman (moomans adventures,
    johno,
    cpt troy tempest (go stingray),
    oliver,
    none are very imaginative or meaningful i just think of sth and use it......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

My brother has called himself Lurch, its a nickname he has had since primary school (he's 6foot 6 now, guess where it came from?), and then he started using it on-line. Then I decided to name myself Pugsley (another bloke from addams family) because I resemble his stature :p

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I was listening the The Super Furry Animal when I first had to come up with a username.

always been Jabba the SLUT.

self-explanatory really.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Well I came in the handle/nick scene late and I wanted to have something that I could get email accounts for easily without having to add _999 or _2003 etc to the end of all the time. So I created a nick that looks like it means something but doesn't and has about 42 different ways of pronouncing.

I still wish I had a more personal nick from when I was 6 months old or something - but something you just have to make up ;)

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Well ive allways liked italians, the women mostly - so i kinda wanted to be italian - one day reading a magazine about "antonio bangheyalot " and I thought...my name is ben...bento...bentonio ! so i used that for a while..

Then I was watching some documentry with these animals fighting with thier "tusks" So in cs and in DAOC i called myself Tusk :) that evolved into Tusky...

Allways been a wolverine fan since i was about 8 and read all the comics so "LogaN" was used becoz of that....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

oh

wouldn't you like to know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭mystik

I hate the name "lurch". I have it too.
    Being 13(age) and 6 foot isn't normal.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

first game i ever played was Tiberian Sun, every name i tried came up as taken so in the end i came up with the original (if not o so stupid name ) of Owenconor (my name and my bros combined.

When TS started getting old my m8s online wanted to try Unreal Tournament. I played as Owenconor for a while but soon decided that wasnt 'hard'enough, so i came up with the name Biatch Killer. Now i know this is fairly lame but i played with it until just over a year ago when i decied that this was a) fairly stupid b) fairly lame and c) offensive to some...so i changed to Shandrakor.

Shandrakor came outta a book i read (deathstalker, twas the name of a planet). Ever since ive used it, altho on IRC and ne boards i read im simply known as BK cos its easier to type :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

well my very first gaming nick was U-Dye, but slowly i replaced it with El_Laggo followed by leggo lol. So I was going to stick with that for some time until one time in my local net cafe I and some friends decided to mess about with some noobies hehe :). So I changed my name to BoB_BoT V1.2 and when they we're playing downstairs I joined the server upstairs. So they were going crazy trying to get rid of the bots because they were being beaten badly. Ah twas funny for a good month, and they never figured it out. hehe

next up, my life story.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not on line thAT ogften but when I am I'm retrogamer or sand bag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

I'm lazy, amazingly so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Chowley

Chowley is the nickname the lads gave me a few years back and now I never hear my real name so I just use that in CS and Freelancer the only online games I play.Dont know where the name came from though they say its just an evolution of my real name but who knows, I was a bit suspicious of a meaning but dont think about it anymore.:ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yeah mine used to be jazzyj just cuz that what my email add was and then after i joined boards i started using suppafly

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Erm heres my alias list:

Kold - Its just who i am, its mah true alias, i'm cold ya c?
    also v.cool alias when im stoned- Stoned Kold
    bLeH - fantastic word of true expression
    MeRcuTiO - I like the character from romeo & Juliet
    FLaRFiNshNaRF - I came up with a word that makes any1 smile when said outloud
    sHiZzLe - Just a lame handle when im playing arsishly
    L!aM - prolly my 2nd most used name....its mah name beehatch!
    EthereaL - I like the song Ether by Nas and so this came naturally, its also an ubercool name
    Holocaust - Its kinda cool i reckon
    Rabid Tampon - HEHEHEHEH
    Doctor Fannypad - MWAHAHAHAHA
    1337f15hm0ng3r - Bah, its a bit **** nowadays
    Johnny bLaZe - Blatantly robbed from method man
    El Stonio - Cos ah get haaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 BlackFlag

I use my own name in Halflife deathmatch/teamplay
    clan is Real Fraggers Clan [RFC]*JANER

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Don't get to game online enough. :(

When I was bout 11, playing TF (for Quake) I came up with the nick "Mr. Genocide". It's sad now, but I had some good times with that nick...

I was playing Civ <the original> one day and chose the Aztecs... needed a name... and Sippa came out of nowhere. Then I realised that as he was Emperor, he should have a fitting title... but then I realised that Lord sounded better. And lo! Lord Sippa was born. :D

If I need a name I generally spend a few seconds coming up with a random word, or combining two words. Do that a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Kudos

Originally used the name Pho3nix but due to the overpopularity of the name i quickly grew tired of it.

Then there was GoldNugget, i have no idea where i came up with the name.

And finally my current name:
    Kudos - n : an expression of approval and commendation.

I dont usually alias but when bored or playing uber ****e i tend to change my name to a pisstake one, my only regular alias is fookmi.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by Kold
    Erm heres my alias list:

Kold - Its just who i am, its mah true alias, i'm cold ya c?
    also v.cool alias when im stoned- Stoned Kold
    bLeH - fantastic word of true expression

FLaRFiNshNaRF - I came up with a word that makes any1 smile
    L!aM - prolly my 2nd most used name....its mah name beehatch!

Rabid Tampon - HEHEHEHEH

FFS Kold, I thought they were all different people!

On 33.6k/56k I played as Sangre.
    Now I play as PaNdA after a friend who resembles a....panda!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

During the Duke Nukem tournaments in the office (ran for about 1 ½ years) I used called myself "The Doctor"... which was really funny because it said "You where killed by The Doctor"... well, it was funny at the time :)

I was the map maker, the map tweaker, the main man in all things Duke. Trained really hard to be the best - and usually really kicked everyone’s ass!!! at which point I called myself "Fluffy", cause getting you ass kicked by a guy called Fluffy must be even harder to stomach :D ... yes, we where simpler in those days.

So, once the Duke Nuke’m sessions panned away I started calling myself "The Duke" to keep my achievement during those glorious days alive.

There is certainly no chance of me ever calling myself “Mr. Wolfenstein”… unless of course for continually achieving the most pathetic frags in the history on on-line gaming. :D

The Duke : ))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Originally posted by Sangre
    FFS Kold, I thought they were all different people!
    so did I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i used to use T-Man, then i got bored of the capitals & hyphen, so i changed to tman.
    it seems every mofo whose name begins with 't' uses that nick tho, so i've started using either keyser_soze (character from the usual suspects) or tinrib

suppafly also went by the name of JazzyBiatch on a few occasions:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I'm Praetorian in games :) Formerly Revenant (2 years ago at least)

All you multiple named whores (like kold...cough...bleh..wtf?) should be shot! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Since i started playing lan games of Q2 in college it was Rabies, hasn't changed since then. Some times i'm called the_big_leprechaun.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Played for years in the office as clonezone...basically 'cus I copied QII over the LAN from another guy and played in his skin to p!ss him off..hence clone. Also the name of a fetish shop in London but let's not get into that now....

Glamrick dates way back, it was my first ever alias online circa 93, inspired by a misheard or misunderstood Fall song..Glam Racket. It has become more apt "Why don't you bog off back to Xanadu in Ireland" as the years have rolled by...

MadsL came from the steam coing out of my ears trying to get broadband....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Gah quite a list here so on we go.

Well started bout 5 or 6 years ago

Started as "God" on 8 player network games of quake 1 and duke nukem. Thought it was cool at the time. Then i started playing online as Dime. Then shortly after starting Tribes 1 I started using Azrael (After the bloke in Warhammer 40k) instead, Sad I know. Soon shortened it to Az then played as numerous names that i never liked very long such as:

Nine-Ball/9-Ball, 9/Nine, Rubix/Cube, Dazzle, Wiz, Exarch, and loads of other **** ones. Then I came up with SpiraL (Another **** one but seemed cool at the time) I heard a dj on the radio called dj spiral so i nicked it. Played tribes and then cs for years with it while sometimes using Kurz, Naijus, Dom, Tr0n, Bully, rooba, Tau, J.B/Johnny Blaze(After clothing line), and other temporary names just to disguise myself on servers people would know me for the laugh or just for the hell of it. Then stopped playing CS and online games for a while and eventually returned to other games online with just my own name Ry and when that was taken Ry0r.

Now I play various online games as one of a few. Usually Claavus or Ry but also Shloer, Chinah0(CnC Generals), Curare and Nine-Ball again :p

Where I got them all is here:

God-Guess!
    Dime-Dime Bar
    Azrael-Warhammer 40K
    Nine-Ball-Armoured Core 1 (Ps1)
    Rubix-Rubix Cube
    Dazzle-Just thought of it
    Wiz-Short for wizard
    Exarch-Warhammer 40K
    SpiraL-DJ Spiral
    Kurz-I love the Heckler and Koch mp5-k (the k stands for kurz which means short in german)
    Naijus-Just thought of it
    Dom-Short for domino
    Tr0n-From the film name
    Bully-Was making fun of someone by using it (long story)
    Rooba-Was short for jennyrooba which is a made up word we used to use for the laugh meaning anything we wanted such as **** or **** or excellent or great etc just like **** is so widely used for good and bad.
    Tau-Warhammer 40K
    Johnny Blaze-Clothing Line
    Ry-Short for Ryan my real name and people call me it anyways.
    Claavus-Kick ass evil bloke in Urban Chaos
    Curare-Kick ass assassin bitch in Batman Beyond
    Shloer-Like the drink and I loved the name so :)
    Chinah0-Because I'm using the account solely to learn and practice playing with china.

OK thats my lot. Prolly too much for people to bother reading but there ye go. Good luck.

P.S. I got that AV first madsl!!!! :)

Thanks
    Ry

Advertisement