Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Polo/Seat Ibiza 1999-2002 Major Safety Recall ?

Options
  • 23-05-2003 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Some key component on which all the pedals are mounted is showing signs of premature failure on one or both of these cars , my mate was not sure if it was the Polo or the Ibiza or both. It is supposed to have a MTBF of 200,000KM but is failing at <100,000KM

You could be driving along and have to hit the brake hard and then the bracket bends sharply or breaks off behind the pedal = no brakes like......except the handbrake.

Has anyone else heard anything about this and where do these guys publish safety recalls so that you can theck them anyway.........

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Hmmm I have heard nothing about this on the Ibiza and I am on my second mk3 Ibiza (the 99-02 model).

I have given a look around on a few of the Seat based bb's and there is no mention of it at all. The best bet is to ring you local garage and see what they say...

kayos

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

try here or here

I haven't really read much of them, just found them on a quick search of google while debating whether to drive to work in the morning (polo owner) but it seems ok....
    the second one is american but probably yields the same info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Muck where did you come across the original information on any recall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

A mate in the NCT was shown a very important component which went on an ibiza. he wasnt impressed

Advertisement