Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Continue Definition of the Day

Options
  • 23-05-2003 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭

Well, the first few definitions I did were from a list of words I threw down that seemed suitable. I've added a few since and Thanx 4 The Fish suggested a couple, but I'm soon going to have to actively hunt down suitable words.
    I'm happy to do this if people want the thread to continue, but it would be stupid to do so if no one cared.

Should Talliesin continue with Definition of the Day 6 votes

Yes, why it's informative, educational and the highlight of my web-browsing day.
    0% 0 votes
    No, it's stupid and patronising for someone to act like I don't know what mumpsimus or obolus means.
    100% 6 votes
    Atari Jaguar.
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i think all active english board users should all make an effort to use each daily defintion in one post that day therby showing what an intelligent group we are, and making the other posters jealous, and then they will want to be like us and they will come here to learn and in time, offer even more suggestions. and so it spreads...(like a virus)

(someday, someones going to take me serious, and the consequesnces will not be good). i voted yes by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I think you should continue aswell. Some of the words are fascinating.

Advertisement