Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complete Beginner

Options
  • 23-05-2003 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I am a complete beginner at online games.
    Can anyone tell me, if i buy battlefield 1942 at the weekend how do i get to start playing online.
    e.g price, server, how to set up etc.
    I'm completely ignorant to this.
    Hope you can help me guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Buy the game and the latest PC gamer Mag with biggest CD June edition if you can (trust me on this).

Install it and find the patches on the PC mag you bought install the patches I think the DVD on PC Gamer has everything you need.

Use Gamespy or the built in Browser to find servers and click join on them and thats it.

Make sure you get patches tho, even if you have to buy 2 mags.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

I'll give that a go.
    Thanks.
    I didn't think it would be so easy tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Thats installing and getting online should try it out in single player till you get the hang of it then go online otherwise you may get murdered a lot :)

kdjac

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Try out "All seeing eye ",it is superb for finding game servers.
    Also a very important point, If you are on ISDN set your in game tab to 56k.
    I think whatever connection you have you should go one lower in the list,maybe someone on DSL can confirm this or maybe its only an isdn issue?
    Either way for isdn it is vital.
    Get ASE on this link.

http://www.udpsoft.com/eye2/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Thats installing and getting online should try it out in single player till you get the hang of it then go online otherwise you may get murdered a lot.

I agree with KdjaC...Its well worth a hell of alot of practice on single player and just get used to it...cause there are some damn fine playersd out there on all servers...im only intermediate and prolly always will be....and i can tell ya if you keep getting killed all the time you easily start thinking that its a crap game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement