Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Save Phantom FM by...

Options
  • 23-05-2003 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

...e-mailing info@bci.ie

I e-mailed a complaint to ComReg and they replied to me as follows:

Thank you for your mail expressing support for Phantom.

I appreciate that you feel Phantom has been providing a valued service, but I'm afraid it is not within the power of ComReg to issue them a licence. All independent radio stations in this country are licensed under the auspices of the BCI, (www.bci.ie ) and I would suggest that you contact them. Clearly if a large listenership contacts the BCI, either directly or via their public representatives, it will indicate support for Phantom.

As an independent regulator ComReg must treat everyone equally. By broadcasting illegally Phantom commit the same offences as Hot, Vibe or any other unlicensed station and we have to treat them the same way. If we did not, we could be accused of being biased in their favour.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Christ, the airwaves are seriously bleak without the saving grace of Phantom FM... I spent a good five minutes in the car going from one set of inane "wacky" drivel to another, spin fm, 98fm, Rte 1 are all the SAME! And they're all hosted by waffling, Alan Partridge-a-like golf jumper-wearing halfwits with no taste or interest in music.

I say we get together and burn down the BCI, hammer house of horror stylee with pitchforks and flaming torches. Then we can progress to Spin FM to administer a well-deserved petrol-bombing.

Reclaim the streets! er, the airwaves anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

the staff at phantom have specifically asked people to not email anyone at the moment because they feel it would be counterproductive.

methinks their wishes should be respected. wait til they give ya the nod then email whoever you want, but until then you might be digging a bigger hole for them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yeah what polarbelly said. if u go to the phantom board
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=64
    there's a few threads telling whats going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 GothicBarbie

We need to get Phantom back! There is absolutly NOTHING else to listen to! Everything else is the exact same chart sh*te. I dont know what im gonna do without the 2 Pete's...i loved those guys.....

Advertisement