Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets start a new internet based political based party!!!

Options
  • 23-05-2003 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

why we shouldn't start a new political party that started from boards....the only thing we need now is some ideals and maybe a leader...and maybe some rules thats a maybe, like we could just be bandits or something!
    any ideas post here!
    ps i'm totally serious watch out BERTIE!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well why not :)

I have some definate ideas on the Health Service and reform of the Dail.

Don't think I'd be a healthty leadership choice. I'd like to set up secret police and the like and Stadium Ireland would be built so I could use it Chilean Style :)

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭xen

Someone else as LEADER THEN!!
    I'm someone else but my hardline stance on crime wouldn't be exactly a crowd pleaser ;)
    how about a name For The PARTY?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

So your "brand new alternative" would in fact be a standard political party?
    Why bother - you already have a half-dozen of those.
    I say we bring back direct democracy!
    So there.

no more a collective under the guise of party, so we may have some power eventually!
    hey but were flexible we'll take your thoughts into consideration!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Heh, yeah, let's set up another board and organise it there. We could elect people to set an agenda and we could discuss them. It might be a nice exercise - it'd at least alleviate boredom at work!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

We'll think up some decent right wing policies later, but first we need a name. I propose the "Shining Light of Truth Party".

no thats crap!

something thats real offensive to everyone!

"The National Correction Party"

"The Authoritarian Party of National Salvation". I think we can all rally around that one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Biffa Bacon

How about "Hizbiffa"? (that's Arabic for "party of Biffa")

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Is it going to be a full blown irish political party with a few rusty armalites in the closet or is just going to be plain old ballot box type party you can get anywhere?

a guerilla party, i think that way we get results our aim is to be opposition to the main parties really we all dont have to agree on same policies or any s.h.i.t. like that.
    We want to be a collective voice of opposition.
    We want to be recogonised no matter how inane we are.
    We want to be able to swear.
    We want not to wear suits unless we need absolutley need to be swanky.....i.e. the odd job interview.
    And above all our members dont have the same train of thinking!
    i.e. we all have different aims, goals, beliefs, background and different tastes in music.

Originally posted by xen
    a guerilla party, i think that way we get results our aim is to be opposition to the main parties really we all dont have to agree on same policies or any s.h.i.t. like that.
    OK, how about "The Knee-Jerk Opposition Party - Opposing the government regardless of what they do"

No wait - that's Fine Gael.

No wait - that's Fine Gael.
    Wait a minute you cant swear in Fine Gael and they are a one track party. unlike "THE OPPOSER" --see even satisfies people at the poser level!

Finel Gael - Fine Fail
    whats the difference literally only four fecking letters!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

So will it be like fight club then except we flame each other rather than smack each others head off concrete floors? A split personality disorder will come in useful for the u-turning and flip flopping.

So will it be like fight club then except we flame each other rather than smack each others head off concrete floors? A split personality disorder will come in useful for the u-turning and flip flopping.

Ye kinda but a lot of drinking no BRAD PITT cant afford him.
    It will be a giant ORGY of fighting arguing and
    SAYING:
    "The First Rule of Fight Club...I mean The OPPOSER PARTY(insert your name here) is to not give a **** and think your always right."

Then the brawls ensue whoever wins is the leader for the week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I wish Kevin Myers would stop trolling boards under silly pseudonyms! :ninja:

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Kevin Myers? I thought it was Mike Myers!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Hmm.... how about no?

Given the totally opposite views of people online it'd be pretty damn stupid to try and consolidate them.

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

"The extreme right wing immigrant killing fascist party"

or possibly

"team blue".

either title would win us some votes...and we don't necissarily have to have any ideals related to our name

although we would have to wear blue..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Didn't another boardster start another political party a couple months ago? Is this a seasonal thing or summat?

adam

Quite You!
    Seasonal thing whatcha talking about Willis I want facts to back up your claim! ww)
    PS the virus twins looks like this icon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Originally posted by SkepticOne
    "The Authoritarian Party of National Salvation". I think we can all rally around that one.
    What about "The Authoritarian Man's Party of National Salvation"? Lends itself nicely to an acronym!

Originally posted by Imposter
    What about "The Authoritarian Man's Party of National Salvation"? Lends itself nicely to an acronym!
    A bit sexist though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Originally posted by SkepticOne
    A bit sexist though.
    I was going to mention this fact in my post but then I thought that maybe noone would take it too seriously, seeing that in was meant in jest! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

inetrnet based - not really a political philosophy is it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭[Iramus]

how about the

"WE know whats good for YOU so sit down and shut up party"

abbrev=WKWGFYSSDASUP

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

here is our motto
    "Paranoia will pay for your freedom!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

An on-line political party you say? Hummm.....

I see much chance here for serious good work and/or mischief.

If you are of the first opinion, e-mail me ideas and views and I will compose a cohesive political paper.

If you are of the second, I can be of much use to your organisation.

Advertisement