Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overdue Switch On With Netsource

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭CutterIE

Well I guess I will add my 2 cents worth regarding my sign up to Netsource's SoHo ADSL

I ordered on April the 30th and had my line enabled yesterday (May 27th) I spent much of the last couple of weeks compaining to Netsource as to why my line had not be enabled, People I know had ordered with Netsource after I had but had their lines enabled a week before mine was, I must admit to thinking that Netsource were the cause of the delay but as it turned out it was eircom.

I found all the staff at Netsource very helpfull and would recommend Netsource to anyone looking at getting broadband.

Cheers
    Will

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Luckily for me things went much better. I put the application forms in the post on the 15th of May and I got my self install kit today. I'm up and running now and I think Netsource have been great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

I recieved the welcome package, and all the other gear like splitters. My line was due to be activated on the 16th.

I've called 8 times since the 16th, and was totally stone walled with constant promises of call backs, but they never once materialised.

So in the last few days i've just let things stagnate. I was dealing with Nicola Ryan. I don't have the time to keep the pressure on, a real chore with an already really busy schedule. I'd rather an honest answer, if i'm given an install date then I can re-organise my schedule around it, but instead i'm kept in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

My Netsource switch on is due 4th June, but got an interesting call this morning. Just happened to be at home at about 11am (normally would be in work) when a biddy from Eircom rang:

Biddy: Are you still going ahead with DSL?
    Me: Yes, why?
    Biddy: An engineer is at your exchange and will be upgrading your line today.
    Me: Good, will there be any other delay with the line?
    Biddy: No, not that you have now confirmed the DSL upgrade with us.
    Me: What if I wasn't here to confirm when you rang?
    Biddy: Your order would go back into the 'system'.

She wouldn't elaborate on the 'system'. Anyone else get these calls? Could this part of the reason why everyone is getting held up, because we are not at home during the day to take these 'switch on' calls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 esmonde

Hi Robbie,

Can you let us know what exchange you're on?

I'm also due for a June 4th switch-on and wondering if I can expect a similar call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

I'm in Portlaoise town

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Still not connected.....:(

Are Eircom making one final attempt to mess this up for me???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

damn rancid, at least if it's not done by tomorrow, then it will have been 15 working days since your order was replaced and eircom will have to do your line.

got a new ADSL modem on wednesday and i've been flying along on netsouce ever since, it's pretty sweet having the whole place wired and wireless.

was getting download speeds of 50 kilobytes /s from netsource during the afternoon yesterday, which is probably the best my line can do.

but in the evenings it does slown down a bit, and the pings are all over the place, i'd say it'll start to settle down soon enough ... i hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 esmonde

Thanks Robbie,

I'm Rathmines but just discovered that I'm connected.

Originally posted by nahdoic
    damn rancid, at least if it's not done by tomorrow, then it will have been 15 working days since your order was replaced and eircom will have to do your line.
    Glad stuff is good for you.:)

I was so bitterly disappointed today...
    I'm not connected and I'm this close to thinking this is deliberate....because my common sense tells me that Eircom *CANNOT* be this inefficient and incompetant.

• Advertisement

CONNECTED!!!

clap.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

woohoo!

congrats.

and you couldn't have connected at a better time, it would appear netsource just sorted out their bandwidth and their pings. have to give it some time, but it's looking good.

enjoy!

3 hours!
    That was all I got.:(

The connection just died while I was online...
    Restarted everything... the modem, the computers.... still nothing.
    The internet light on my Netgear DG814 is just not on.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Originally posted by Rancid
    3 hours!
    That was all I got.:(

The connection just died while I was online...
    Restarted everything... the modem, the computers.... still nothing.
    The internet light on my Netgear DG814 is just not on.

:confused:

This sounds like an €ircon/exchange or router/line issue and what a bad time for it to happen , what with it being a long weekend 'n' all. :(

carb.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

Connected...bloody fab altogether!!! Just in time for weekend

HAPPY TIMES

Advertisement