Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grrrrrrr

• 23-05-2003 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭

A mail I received from someone who had heard that I am planning to do my first marathon in under 4 hours:

"A sub 4 hour marathon while an achievement isn't great. It's a bit over 6mph.
    You can walk briskly at 4mph. You should try for < 3.5 hours. Or even aim for
    3. Still good luck. If you're getting sponsership for anything worthwhile let
    me know, I'll probably let you stick me down for a tenner or something."

Don't you just LOVE people who comment on running the marathon when they don't run at all? How do you convey to people the difficulty of running a marathon full stop never mind a sub 3 hour marathon ESPECIALLY your first? GRRRRRR

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

what an asshole....

who was this imbescile?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

I know someone just like that. Someone who knows everything about running, fitness, sport, but never participates in anything over 3 miles. Never encourage this sort of advice, these people have already (in their own minds) installed themselves as coach.

4 hrs is an excellent first marathon, especially if you run it through without stopping or walking.

3'30 might be your target for marathon 3 or 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Beëlzebooze

i'd be happy If I could run for half an hour......

Advertisement