Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about X-Box

Options
  • 23-05-2003 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭

Dont know whether this is the right place for this but feel free to move it if it aint but.....

Bought an X-Box today, god knows why, just a whim i suppose LOL (love fat bonuses from work), anyhoo I popped in an american import DVD and it played now question is

1) Does the X_box have a built in region free DVD player

2) if it doesnt then howd it play and did i do any damage

3) Does it need something like dvd region x like on ps2

thats all for now

regards

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

>1) Does the X_box have a built in region free DVD player
    To the best of my knowledge, no.

>2) if it doesnt then howd it play and did i do any damage
    Is your XBox second hand? If it, it could be modded. If it is modded, make sure and disable it before you use XBox Live! services.

If the XBox is new, the only explanation I can offer is that it's a Region 0 dvd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

Yeah my x-box is brand new, i found out what happened, i put in an american DVD but it was region all so could play on all DVD players, just tried a pure american disk, says wrong region take out before i melt it LOL

Which brings me to the third of my question again, I assume theres something out there like dvd region x for the X-box, but when i look for something like that i cant find it

Any ideas

Regards
    shin

Scratch that last question its on amazon but wont be released till the 13 of june

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I think they are bringing out a region-x for the XBOX. But if u put in a region 1 disc with the dongle in your xbox, it will lock the xbox to region 1. Same goes with putting in a region 2,3,4,5,6 disc at the start. Try here. They might have info on a release for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭uzami

DVD Region x...

http://www.playserver4.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=XBOX&title=100483

.........availability to be announced.....and it's been that way for over a year!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement