Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!!

Options
  • 23-05-2003 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭

Hope this is in the right forum...

Well a friend of mine has an old HP Palmtop 320LX which runs under Windows CE. He recently (yesterday) dropped it and smashed the screen. The device does seem to be functioning, bar the screen.

Now the quandry is, he is not that concerned about the device. What he is concerned about is getting his data off it. He has no backups. He has lost all software and cables that came with the device.

My first thought was to download Activesync 3.7 and see if I could get it to sync up over IR. Problem is I think you have to enable the sync from the palmtop. As a result my laptop is not recognising it. Anyone know keystokes to sync it. Or ave any other hints as to what to use to dump it?

I found a file called backup.mdb on his compact flash card, anyone know what format that is?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

The mdb file extention is usually associated with MS Access.. It can be a database file... Try http://filext.com/ for more info on other filetypes that it could be..

Sorry that I cant help you with the palm itself.. You could try ebay for finding the replacement screen, I hear that it has been a good source for replacement parts for others...

Advertisement