Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance help

Options
  • 24-05-2003 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭

my car gor stolen lat saturday night, i did not believe the gardia when they cameto the house, and it was found burnt out behind some pub in santry, and the wheels were robbed of it before they burnt the car out, ****s!!!
    anyway i was looking at the insurance policy during the and the part were it says modifications on car ( no mods ) apart from sideskirts alloy wheels lowered suspension, they were not mentioned on insurance policy i never told them about that because that was done after i bought the car.
    Anyway should i tell them about the mods, because the car was towed by the council on monday morning and scrapped that day so they could not send a tech to have a look at the car.
    or say nothing about that.
    and also how long does it roughly take for them to pay out?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Regardless of when they are carried out, all modifications should be reported to your insurer. Modifying the suspension is a major change, and will affect the insurance risk of the car, as will alloys since they add to it's value.

Now, since the car is scrapped, you may get away with saying nothing, but don't be surprised if you get caught out, and you certainly won't be getting back the value of your modifications. You'll be doing well to get enough to buy a tidy example of the same car again.

Fit a steering wheel lock too - makes it far more awkward for someone to hot wire a car and drive off if they can't steer it.

Advertisement