Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IQ & Intelligence

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Good stuff, I'll give a smiley:) to that, safe in the Knowledge that everyone walks away satisfied that they (and they alone were right).

In fairness, reading the initial thread perhaps you were slightly nearer the mark with the CTYI superiority bit. Having never been involved in CTYI I tried to twist things in my preferred direction. The shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Heh...

But yeah... there are a few people (a FAIR few) who are quite full of themselves. Strangely a lot of the ones who complain about CTYI seem to be the most like that, but I do know one bloke who with only a tiny amount of exceptions won't talk to CTYIers cause he thinks they're all arrogant pricks. Which is true, although most of the ones he was thinking of have long since moved on. But it's not that we all hate "normal" people :rolleyes: it's just that we tend to make some really close friends... well... A LOT of really good friends there, so next thing it looks like you only wanna hang out with this bunch which isn't true.

<sigh> Still, looking at my social group. 90% are CTYIers... although I'm losing touch with them more than any other group. Ah well... at least I have the internet for company right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by lordsippa
    but I do know one bloke who with only a tiny amount of exceptions won't talk to CTYIers cause he thinks they're all arrogant pricks.
    It would have made things interesting if he was giving his opinions on this thread - I'm sure they would be well worth a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

some notes on superiority (now that i finnished school for ever. hah hah u LC's, u should do the IB, i've been done since may22).
    1) high Iq does not lead to superiority, it's the environment we grow up in, all around believing we're better than they are, and hence the complex is drilled into the feeble high IQ ppl.
    2) there is no such thing as sport intelligence. it's simply about practice, practice practice from an early age, stimulating certain neural pathways, blah blah blah that can't develope after a certain age.
    3) this debate is one of the biggest piles of ****e i've ever seen. no offence there sven. or others

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

i'm not an arrogant pricks and i went to ctyi. the bastard. there were a few arrogant pricks, but they were more prickish than arrogant.

and i think non-ctyi goers (well, a few of my friends) are sort of begrudgingly discriminate to ctyi people (well, me). school friends in particular. one day in class me and another girl (so not just me, and it was her who brought it up) said in a discussion about education that it wasn't fair how there's ****loads of backbreaking done for all the people with learning difficulties and nothing is done for people with much learning abilities (in our school). and MY FRIENDS (who i assume, y'know, like me an' all) tore into me about how that was really stupid and insulting and so on. and they said sfa to the other girl. baxtards.
    and i used the word 'hypothetically' in a conversation and they said i was making fun of them.
    AND i was told i was bullying because someone hit me on the head and called me a bollox (for calling them a wanker for hitting me on the head) and i gave them a come-back he didn't understand. so i was at fault. because i used the word 'expend' (dunno how i got that into an insult. i'm quite proud :D )

oh and lordsippa, we just decided that fade street obv. doesn't exist so we should just eat haagen daz :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

1.2.3. awh.
    the ignorami among us tend to be hte jocks who have the school administration on puppet strings
    in my graduation evening, all sporting achievements were mentioned,even the fact that the rugby team only won 1 game. how ****e is that? my wonderfulness in chemistry was never mentioned. damn jocks. btw, i'm not arrogant in person. just on boards. heh heh. (i'm off with SOL and 2 others to greece in hte summer to win some chemistry medals and money).

damn schools, always single out those who are not in the 'least common denominator' bracket. e.g. the smart ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Hehe... reminded me of a CLASSIC moment when this right arsehole was pissing me off in 2nd year. I made some comment about him not being able to use 2 syllable words and he told me that he wasn't that thick and to fu<k off. Then my mate came up to me later.. he'd run into the bloke i insulted (justified) and he'd asked him what "syllable" meant. :p Oh how I chuckled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

Originally posted by strawberry
    Interestingly enough, the better a golfer you are, the less brain activity is registered when you hit the ball. The trick is apparently to think about nothing.

So, so, true. The way you said it, I just had to laugh at too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

Hehe... reminded me of a CLASSIC moment when this right arsehole was pissing me off in 2nd year. I made some comment about him not being able to use 2 syllable words and he told me that he wasn't that thick and to fu<k off. Then my mate came up to me later.. he'd run into the bloke i insulted (justified) and he'd asked him what "syllable" meant. Oh how I chuckled.

teeheehee like the time me and one of the girls were discussing one of our friends being in a really peculiar mood and i said 'and she's not talking really, an when she does she's all...monosyllablic', and girl went 'Oh my GOD, is that real bad like? i'm real worried about her now'. she thought it meant the other girl was nauseous or something.

Advertisement