Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interest check.Tarantulas possibly looking for new homes.

Options
  • 24-05-2003 9:16am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A few of you have been asking about Tarantulas lately and I have an offer of the century.
    Ive been looking for one of the Tarantulas below for a while now.Only problem is that to get one I have to buy in a lot of 8.I dont have the room for 8(at the minute)so Im wondering if anyone would be interested in taking some off my hands.
    The price would be between 3-5 euro each.This is not a commercial sale by any means but is soley for the purpose to cover the shipping costs.If anyone wants to confirm this then go to www.brum-tarantulas.com and check out the sales/trades pages.There is a lot of 8 for sale at 1.50 pounds sterling each.Which is £12.00.Shipping is then another £10.So the total is £22 which is around 30 euro.If I get 4 euro each Im covered for the whole lot.
    I could sell these at 30 euro each but Im trying to get a few more people here in Ireland interested in the Tarantulas.
    If any admins have a problem with this post then let me know and Ill delete/change it.
    Richie

The link below has an excellent care sheet for these Tarantulas.
    http://www.petbugs.com/caresheets/E-campestratus.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

Richie,

What are the tarantulas like?? how big do they get etc? I am petrfied of 8 legged freaks but my partner Bond James Bond would love one! & as he has to put up with all my critters! I'd like to get him a spider! or 2!!! can they live together??

By the way if you are still interested in Sugar Gliders I have a pair of males which will be ready in 8-10 weeks! they are soo cute! I'll try to type up a care sheet & post some pics.

Regards

Faye

Ok just saw the link for the care sheet! they look cute! in an ugly bug kina way! LOL Would you handle them Richie??

Regards
    Faye

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Originally posted by FAYESY
    Ok just saw the link for the care sheet! they look cute! in an ugly bug kina way! LOL Would you handle them Richie??

Regards
    Faye

They are kinda cute arent they.And supposedly the best beginners Tarantula.Personally Ive only handled my tarantulas once or twice but thats because in my opinion tarantulas are like aquarium fish----more of a display animal.
    And plus I dont want them to escape as my wife wouldnt be too impressed with Tarantulas running wild in the house.I regularly will move them around their cage(with my hand or fingers) while Im cleaning it,changing water,feeding them etc.So its not as if they will bite.
    There are owners out there who will sit watching TV with the Tarantula on their lap or beside them on the couch or whatever.
    Its all down to personal preference
    and with the likes of the one above they are as docile as can be.Totally handleable.
    On another note Im hoping to start a breeding project soon with one of these. http://www.petbugs.com/caresheets/A-geniculata.html

These have about 1000 offspring at a time but are not a beginners species and are not handleable.The reason Im starting with these are because they are the easiest to breed.
    So in 6 months I could be feeding each of these 1000 babies twice a day
    Should be fun.

Richie,

Good luck with the 1000 or so babies!! they are very stunning!! Maybe in a few years I might be willing to get one of them?!!!??

Regards

Fayeww)

Advertisement