Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best games on X-box

Options
  • 24-05-2003 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

I want to be selective in what i get for this machine, so what are the best games out there at the moment, one im particularly intersted in is shenmue 2

So get your lists posted here

Regards

Shin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Halo
    Project Gotham Racing
    Morrowind
    Splinter Cell
    Rocky

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by Sloth
    Halo
    Project Gotham Racing
    Morrowind
    Splinter Cell
    Rocky

I got halo with the pack, ace game (works well with controller have to say, is rocky really that good

Regards
    Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭40coats

Amped is pretty cool with the right music, though not for everyone. I think it's part of the budget range now though so you can't go wrong. Rallipsort Challenge is excellent and cheap also. Quantum Redshift whoops any of the wipeout style games out there as well and is criminally overlooked by everyone. I agree with Sloth choices too (except for Morrowind, never played it). Oh yeah, the new Fifa is great fun, massive improvement over previous efforts, although I'm sure the Pro evo purists will ridicule me to no end for saying this.

must look in gamesworld for some of the budget titles, didnt know there was a budget range lol, what price are these same as ps2 32:99 i suppose

regards

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

I like Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance , its very playable with a bit of depth for a beat em up,
    splinter cell is good all round
    rallisport challenge is good 29.99 in smiths well worth it
    DOA3 is good 29.99 in smiths too, but mortal kombat is better but more expensive
    Smiths also have an offer on seleceted games 2 for 50 euro so it is well worth checking it out as you can buy some games cheaper here as new than u can in other stores second hand

I am thing about buying Baldurs Gate Alliance but I do not know anything about it

House of the dead 3 is not good
    Blade 2 is rubbish as is Minority Report
    Ghost Recon is ok
    WWF wrestling legends is very poor

my brother says that Hitman 2 is good on the x box more playable than PC version
    Capcom vs SNK 2 is good between friends a little carytoony though

Colin Mc Crae rally is very good but it is ultra realistic and you would have to really into rally sport to fully enjoy it

Will but Morrowind Gold Edition when it comes out too

Hope that is of some help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 KTS

Splinter Cell

Halo

Fifa

are the best games i've played so far the xbox. the budget range also has some good games in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Panzer Dragoon Orta is pretty stunning as well.

Shenmue 2 - don't play it on Xbox. Get your hands on a Dreamcast and a copy of the DC version, and avoid the cringe-worthy American voice acting...

much appreciated, given me somethings to think about and to buy lol :)

have to say halo is excellent, cant get off it, does anyone know anything about wwe raw, is it any good or crap

and is the budget range 29:99

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

RAW is terrible. Dont even touch it or leave it near your xbox.
    Also look into these to buy:

NBA Inside Drive 2003
    Tiger Woods 2003
    Rocky is very good.
    Indiana Jones
    TOCA Race Driver
    Burnout 2 -> What a laugh you'll have. I'm addicted to it.
    Tao Feng
    Madden NFL 2003

Want any more recommendations?? I'll give you some more l8r.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

I got halo with the pack, ace game

Yep Halo is just amazing, just cleared it today in fact.

Get Shenmue II, also a classic game, and you get a free DVD with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

"Britneys dance beat"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Shin, for the record 3 games I wouldn't be without on the 'box. (and I have a lot of games ;) These are the three that still get played.

Halo
    DOA3
    Amped

Others...(cheap)
    Tricky is a blast
    Gotham over rallisport
    Shenmue is ok but don't expect xbox quality
    NBA street vol2
    MOH

Enjoy and of course MAtrix is out this week...getting it on Mon
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Matrix is good and tough enough.

NBA VOL 2 is brill. I'm addicted to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Halo is the only decent game on xbox that isn'yt on other consoles. (I'm plastered just ignore me) Timesplitters is a great 4 player game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Gah, jesus, PLEASE don't go out and buy the Matrix. Rent it for a night, fair enough, just for long enough to discover how bloody appallingly bad it is, but don't buy it and put more money into the pockets of the tossers who released this buggy, unfinished and plain Not Fun pile of rubbish.

There's an interesting rumour going around that just like "special edition" DVDs, there'll be a "special edition" of Enter the Matrix out in time for Christmas - which will presumably be the actually finished version of the game. Woohoo, you get to pay TWICE for a sub-standard max payne clone! Lucky you!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Hmm, a few weeks ago I remember telling Darco that it would turn out like it has. I don't have much high hopes for film to games type games. I'm usaly right.

Originally posted by Shinji
    Gah, jesus, PLEASE don't go out and buy the Matrix. Rent it for a night, fair enough, just for long enough to discover how bloody appallingly bad it is, but don't buy it and put more money into the pockets of the tossers who released this buggy, unfinished and plain Not Fun pile of rubbish.

There's an interesting rumour going around that just like "special edition" DVDs, there'll be a "special edition" of Enter the Matrix out in time for Christmas - which will presumably be the actually finished version of the game. Woohoo, you get to pay TWICE for a sub-standard max payne clone! Lucky you!

i have enter the matrix on ps2 and think it is one of the better games out there at the mo, I cant get off it and believe me thats an indication of how good it is, if something doesnt peak my interest its just thrown there, was playing halo last nigt and came off it to go back to ps2 and play it

regards
    Shin

What a game, got it for 20 quid in gamesworld, blimmin brilliant, very detailed and very speedy

Regards
    Shin

and oh so very hard, it's basically the racing version of commandos but its amazingly playable and I still play it now all the time even a year after I bought it.

and oh so very hard, it's basically the racing version of commandos but its amazingly playable and I still play it now all the time even a year after I bought it.

I know what you mean, i was on san francisco, had to get 400 kudos minimum to open the next bit of the track, could only get 310 Sigh

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I just got Return to castle wolfenstein:Tides of war on the xbox. The framerate is a joke, but it still doesnt ruin what i think is probably the best shooter on the xbox. (i know, i know, halo rocks etc etc) But to be honest i prefer Wolfenstein, i still havent even finished Halo. Though dont get me wrong, Halo was cool too.

Wait until you reach the hell that is San Francisco on Hard Level 3. It took me 3 long days just to crack that one level but oh man was it worth it. I think I only have about 4 more cars to get in the game, I might try and get them over the summer some time. Use the Lotus Exige for all the arcade levels when you can get your hands on it as it slides all over the place, great for wracking up huge amounts of kudos.

Is the xbox version pretty much the same as the pc version aside from the addition of the xbox live multiplayer to replace the rather limited online gameplay of the original?

I think the opening level is all new to the xbox version.
    Having only briefly played the p.c. version on my friends comp, i reckon the graphics are pretty much exactly the same (meaning they are frocking sweeeeeeeet), aside from the framerate issues.
    Plus you get the original wolfenstein 3d when you complete it! bonus! Id highly recommend it. And that reccomendation has NOTHING to do with the leather clad dominatrix sex nazis. Nothing at all.

Well the first level in the pc version was set in the castle so I don't know what it's been replaced with now. I've heard a lot of jazz over the live side of things, what makes it so good online?

Well the first level in the pc version was set in the castle so I don't know what it's been replaced with now. I've heard a lot of jazz over the live side of things, what makes it so good online?

All i can say is the pc version of wolfenstein rocks, no demos or anything like that, reminds me of moh, plus of course it has punkbuster so no cheats, first time you fry someone with a flamethrower is simply magic

Regards
    shin

Originally posted by shinzon
    All i can say is the pc version of wolfenstein rocks, no demons or anything like that, reminds me of moh, plus of course it has punkbuster so no cheats, first time you fry someone with a flamethrower is simply magic

Regards
    shin

Not having broadband and not being able to afford a bloody xbox live subscription i cant tell you what the multiplayer aspect is like. And yes, im bitter. Still rocks though, and yeah, Tides of war starts in egypt, not castle wolfenstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Kung Fu Chaos is good for a laugh.

It's a very cheesy beat em up.
    It even includes the song kung fu fighting, what more do you want

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Smash Brothers whoops its ass. Still its the closest you'll ever get on the xbox.

Advertisement