Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best games on X-box

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

My list:
    Halo
    Splinter Cell

And to a lesser extent:
    Jet Set Radio Future (love it or hate it)
    Amped
    Morrowind (would be amazing but buggy as hell)

I've played the demo of KFC and while it is a luagh its very simplistic and would get old fast. Might get it when it goes classic. They shouldn't really be charging €60 for it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by dloob
    Kung Fu Chaos is good for a laugh.

It's a very cheesy beat em up.
    It even includes the song kung fu fighting, what more do you want

As quick as lighting... Kung Fu Chaos was good but for some reason it never sold to well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I have

Halo
    DOA3
    Morrowind
    Splinter Cell
    Project Gothem Racing

All of which I'd rate ver highly, DOA is probably the best fighting game I've played. To be fair, I think those are probably 5 games out of maybe 6-10 that you could call must have.

Silent Hill 2
    Blood Omen 2
    Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding
    Conflict Desert Storm

are my other games and I'd rate them all as pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

Tiger woods is ok.
    Splinter cell is probably the best, with moto gp 2 a close second.

Almost everything else is crap or over rated... (I've played 40+ xbox games)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Wilbert

Halo is a true classic and Splinter Cell is great fun (although you do get a bit tired of all the sneaking around).
    Apart from that, there is nothing!
    Shenmue 2 is a great absorbing game but it is almost 3 years old and looks it.
    My X-Box is gathering dust, while my Gamecube is humming away happily providing many hours of entertainment. Zelda Wind Waker was fantastic as was Metroid Prime.
    Thats the thing about the consoles; only the Gamecube has any identifiable franchises. PS2 had Crash Bandicoot (crap) and also Metal Gear Solid (Pretty good) and apart from Halo on the X-Box, there is nothing.
    Nintendo always had the better games but are unfortunately saddled with a kiddie image.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I find the gamecube simplistic and despite Nintendos protestations its aimed at a younger audience!

Zelda (despite looking toony) and RE0 are the only two games that really got me hooked. Metroid was grand for a while, but got bored quick enough.

We have a PS2 and Xbox at home and as I work long hours and don't spend huge amount of time on games I am looking for quality of quantity. So a few really good games does me.

I think with my current collection, the Xbox just about shades the Ps2, mainly coz of the multiplayer games and joys of the Xbox HD.
    DOA3 and Gothem are causing ructions in my place and if/when DOA volleyball arrives I expect the same.

GC is good for the one player epic, but if you have mates around, it falls by the wayside.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

If it wasn't for the fact that media player exists on my xbox I would have thrown it in the bin along time ago.

Anyway the future seems brighter, what with burnout 2 and ???? coming.....

Why do people like timesplitters 2 ? I made an effort last night and believe me , besides the pretty gfx it is horrible !!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Can't agree with you. I think my GC is the best for Multiplayer. It's got all the good multiplayer games that xbox has except Halo but theres no need to go near that when Timesplitters 2 is out. Also there is Smash brothers and the forthcoming Final fantasy chronicles, F-zero and of course mario kart :D I haven't played the other 2 consoles much in the last 3 months because of the amount of excellent games on the Gamecube. Also I like Quantity over quality since I play excessive amounts of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

Brute force is supposed to be very good and fable when it arrives should be interesting as well

Brute Force hasn't been getting very good reviews and I was looking forward to it but will prob wait for a demo. Soldier of fortune 2 is coming out on the x-box and is looking pretty promising. Both are out on june 20.
    Timesplitters 2 is complete tripe! It a horrible ps2 game marketed as a multiformat game. The aiming system was devised by retarded monkeys...on drugs!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Get a PC buy Battlefield and download all the superb mods for it,go online with them and you will never worry about what game is or is not coming out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

I agree with dcully lol, battlefield 1942 and its mods are brilliant

But what im particularly looking forward to on x-box is a game called BC, its been featured heavily in the magazines this month and it looks to be a bit of a stonker

only prob is it aint out till 2004

Sigh

Shin

oh well at least eve of destruction is winging its way to me tomorrow (soz blatant plug for battlefield 1942 again lol)

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Whats the Dilly-o with steel battalion for xbox?? It was released ages ago but ive never seen it in the shops. (Sure, i know the box is probably bigger than most peoples cars, but youd think theyd at least advertise it) It seemed pretty damn original, and with a lack of quality, original titles on xbox i was looking forward to it (but not the 100 odd euro price tag)
    Have ANY of you played it yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I think most stores steered away from Steel Batallion due to the price tag. I think it was retailing in the UK for around £100 or about €140!!! (You could nearly get a Gamecube for that!!!).

Incidentally I have read that the build quality of the big switch box controller was not the mae-west either.

I'd love a new pc and they're quite cheap now so I might consider it.
    Only a limited amount of steel battalions were made because its not as if its a casual gamer orientated product with its price tag. It could only be pre-order and even then you weren't guarnteed one.
    Fable will be cool if it does what it says it'll do; like most things.

Advertisement