Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

external cd-rw problem(catch 22!)

• 24-05-2003 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hey just thought somebody out there could help me!
    My problem is that a friend of mine bought an iomega external cd-rw drive for his laptop,because the original cd-rom refuses to work,mechanical failure i suspect(no spin up),the laptop is well out of warranty so buying an external drive seemed like the right idea.(yea right)Well after shelling out €160 for the drive he was confronted with the following problem.
    He runs win'98 but that particular OS will not pick up the drive automatically u need the drivers off the cd supplied to operate it.Or alternatively iomega suggests that u install the apporiate OS,win XP or 2000,yea that would be mighty but he aint got no cd-rom to work with!!So does any body know of anywhere i could get drivers for the damn thing so it can be picked up on win98
    specs are:Iomega CD-RW 48/24/48 USB 2.0
    Any help would be much appreciated!:)
    cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

http://www.iomega.com/software/index.html

go there fill out the boxes u'll get a list a files that might help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Kavs

Been there, done that and wrote the book but to no avail!!
    Spent about an hour this morning trawling through the website nothing i downloaded done the trick.I'm just thinking though is the unit backward compatible wit usb1.0???
    thanks for the suggestion anyway! :)

Advertisement