Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct X 9.0a uninstallers

• 24-05-2003 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

im looking for an uninstaller for dx9.0a...i have win 2k pro BUT i dont have the original cd. i do have the original cd for windows 98 though, would that do instead? or could i get it to install dx8.1 from a saved file on the hard disk?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Carnate

Try these.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/article.php?sid=2935&cat=28 DX9 Uninstaller

http://www.voodoofiles.com/3117 DirectX Eradicator (may work with DX 9)

yes they both work for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

but when it asks me to put in the windows 2000 cd, can i specify the location of a file or can i use the windows 98 cd instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

no, you need your windows2000 cd, but re-installing any other older version of directx can work, sometimes not as pleasantly as others, but it works

Can i ask what is it you want to do is it get rid of Dx9 or install Dx8? if this is the case just install Dx8 over the Dx9 and it will install, i may be missing summit but why do you need the win disc for?

dload the Direct X file yah need from the Microsoft web site.

www.directx.com basic site but has loads of info there way to big to try and type here..

Good Luck

• Advertisement

im having a few problems with dx9 so i want to downgrade to dx8.1 and because the uninstallers get rid of key files, the windows cd is needed to replace them.

ok Kinda thought that as i hit the send button,
    ok i take it u tried to uninstall direct manually and it got rid of some system files(key files), have yah tried to just install Dx8?
    or have yah tried that and u get the wheres the cd msg?

Sry this is long winded, but dont want to wreck you pc by giving wrong advice!

what files do yah need, maybe i can send them to yah?

i havent done anything yet but im in the process of it so i'll report back.....

Advertisement