Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strategy Games

Options
  • 24-05-2003 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend any strategy games for me along the lines of Age of Empires or red alert......?

Im in post exam mode and i either want to be drinking or playing games..... or both! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Age of Mythology? or C&C Generals??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

watch out for the new Microsoft one Rise of Nations

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

civ 3

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Dynasty Warriors Tactics on the PS2 is outstanding and the only strategy game that has ever held my attention for more than a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Cossacks is similar to Age of..... but a hell of a lot better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The best in my opinion are Warcraft 2 and 3 and the best is Starcraft and starcraft brood war. Brilliant storyline and great gameplay. The multiplayer as well is great. And you can get them all on the cheap in the budget Blizzard pack. Bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I've been meaning to get Shogun:Total War (and expansion packs) and Z:Steel Soldiers if I ever get time. Both highly rated budget titles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

Age of Wonders isn't too bad although it's fairly repetitive. Looks nice though.
    As mentioned Warcraft 3 (you can get in 2 for €50 bundles now)
    Starcraft and Warcraft 2 are brilliant if you don't mind getting something a little dated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Ground Control!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

I recommend Shogun and Medieval Total War.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

You can't go wrong with most mentioned here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by The_Bullman
    Age of Mythology? or C&C Generals??
    Dont get AoM, get AoE2 and the conquerers expansion, it beats it in every way, and you could pick them both up for about 15 yoyo's by now Id say.

However CnCG is a great game, not many MODs or the like out yet, some half decent custom maps tho to lengthen it, but the AI in it is pityful, so not a great skirmish game.

Advertisement