Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back on air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 24-05-2003 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

Nice one lads! Back on air in the last 5 minutes with Dan D. Sweet, thats made my day. The wireless was utter tripe without phantom!

side note_
    2fms rick o shea announced on thurs night that "youll be hearing a lot more new irish music on this show in the next couple of weeks" He also asked for budding bands to senf=d in demos. What a muppet! 2fm vs phantom........... phantom any day of the week! Althought 2fm come close on sunday nights with jay aherne.............

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

Now that is good news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Brilliant I was starting to get withdrawl symptoms

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Am listening to phantom on the web. I havent the foggiest idea who is singing the song im listening to but its good to hear phantom back nontheless oh he just said johnny cash ok followed by an interesting U2 cover of "everlasting love"

• Registered Users Posts: 49 romey

i was soooooooooooo happy when i degetedly turned on phantom& expected to only hear fuzz & instead i heard skindive! but after sunday they're only gonna b on the net how upseting is that !oh well least their here right now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

Once the clock strikes 12 on sunday night will it be the end of the world as we know it????????

Anyone know phantoms listenership figures for their web stream? Ill prob tune in now and then but due to the expensive internet rates in this rip off nation of ours I wont get to listen as much as id like to. Phantom will definately be missed when it ceases fm transmition. The wireless just wont be the same. What i like about phantom is that every time i tune in I know i wont be disappointed. 95% of their airplay is quality in my book and thats good enough for me. Ok, I do get pi$$ed off when they play american pseudo punk bands with numbers as part of their names!
    All in all, phantom is my fave station by a strong margin!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I knew it was to good to be true a well at least I can have my final hit before I go cold turkey.
    Ill try and listin on the net but my connection is fairly crap and drops the signal regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

Is that 12 tonight or tomorrow night? Is there anywhere to get phantom t shirts or stickers, could be a way for poeple to show there support in a physical way.

It's always the same, what the people really want is the first to be destroyed, and political opinion will never truely reflect the public opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

PRAISE THE LORD!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

oooh...someone from phantom come online and tell us what this means?

are you dissapeainrg for good from the radio, or will you's try come back at a later stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

It was great to open my CD player and hear Given To Fly when the radio automatically went on. Well, if this is the end of the line, its been a pleasure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 romey

grrr! damn the man and this fascist country we live in! i cant belive that 2nite phantom will b gone from our airwaves 4 ever and all we will have 2 listen will b conformist mush! well b warned this not the end phantom will reign again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Is it back on ? Or is this just a wind-up ??

Good to see Pete Reed on the cover of the Irish Independant and in an interview promises that Phantom will be back.

Nice one Pete !!!

Advertisement