Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recovery disk for XP Pro

Options
  • 24-05-2003 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

Following a recent crash I have been prompted to think about my recovery options if it happens again (as you do). This time I was able to download MS's recovery package, which goes onto 6 floppies and takes about 20 mins to get as far as the recovery console.
    Does anybody know of a way to burn a cd version of this package or where I may download one. The one I have is only for floppies as it prompts you to insert the next floppy after each one.
    My XP discs are actually recovery disks from when the computer was bought but after many system updates and changes they no longer identify the system as the one they are for.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭MrBigglesworth

Legally, no. One of the many downfalls of recovery cds as apposed to windows and drivers cds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

Why not just ghost the drive ?
    That way if you any problems just re-image :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

you could try to make a bootable CDROM from the 1st disk and add all the files from the others.

worth a try i guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

You still have your original XP CD?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by IrishDizz
    You still have your original XP CD?
    From what he's posted he seems to have one of those awful "you can use this to restore your original config but up yours if anything goes wrong" discs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement