Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sudden GIF Strangeness

Options
  • 24-05-2003 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

I noticed since last night that for some reason I can't touch gif's in explorer without it freezing (the continuous "I'm doing something" cursor) and that's any kind of explorer, either in an open file dialogue box (Photoshop) or in explorer itself. I'm thinking that it may have something to do with the preview. In photoshop it gives you thumbnail of the file you're opening and in explorer it gives a thumbnail on the side. I notice it's while it's trying to display the thumb that it hangs.

JPG's and every other file I've tried seem to be fine. Any idea's??

I can't figure it out at all.

System is:
    Win2k Pro sp 3
    PIII 800
    256Mb

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

see what program gifs are associated with and change it to internet explorer?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lloyd

Thanks Fisty, it was already registered to IE but you gave me the idea to try to change it to a different app and it seems to have done the trick. I think maybe my IE is screwed...

What a surprise?!

Anyway thanks again.....Close thread....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

no probs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

i hear too much sex makes eyes go funny. :D

Advertisement