Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Options Laytown, Meath

• 24-05-2003 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I'm living in Laytown, waiting for Broadband not holding my breath. Esat and Eircom unavailable as of yet. Are there any other cheaper broadband options than Digiweb?

Yours.... living in the stoneage with an ISDN wrapped around my neck!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bubbletown

Maybe not your ideal solution but there are some people sharing out BB connections with wireless Kit,so all you need to do is find some one in Drogheda who wants to share.As far as I remember they have both Esats Dsl and digi webs wireless which is far cheaper than Digiwebs sat jobby,have a look at
    www.meathwan.net
    www.irishwan.org

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

hmmm... other side of Drogheda looking at the same thing...

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Digiweb are doing wireless in Droghedw and other places around your area. Similar pricing to ADSL.

Give them a buzz. You may be in range.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Smidders

There is also another crowd Net1 , which are starting a wireless roll-out in the Louth, Meath and Monaghan areas.

Might be worth looking at.

Smidders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 blacktooth

:cool: checked out the site net1 . sent them an email as their 1800 no. gives a fax tone. hoping there's light at the end of the isdn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭edwardo

Wow, I thought I was the only one in the laytown area who even knew what broadband was. I bin searching for access since before DSL became available in the country, and been absolutely sickened by the lack of any broadband availability in our area. I've always refused to get ISDN because of eircoms sheer bastardlyness. Just contacted net1 today. Let me know what luck you have, with them or any other method, either here or through email at broadbandREMOVETOSEND@REMOVETOSENDdbspin.com.
    We could do well to compare notes !

Gareth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Valentia
    Digiweb are doing wireless in Droghedw and other places around your area. Similar pricing to ADSL.

Give them a buzz. You may be in range.

Digiweb don't cover further than Stameen. There's a new base station being installed in Grange Rath but it wouldn't cover as far as Laytown, even if you took away all the trees in the area.

Currently their transmitters are on the lourdes hospital and on the LMFM transmitter on the rathmullan road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 byteloss

Currently living in Bettystown have had NET1 on order for the past 2 Months, they had some teathing problems which they have overcome, and have assured me that the service in the Laytown/Bettystown will be live in two weeks.

they have already installed the antena, and router in the house, so i am just waiting on the services to be turned on at thier end. will keep you posted.

they seem reasonable and well what other choice do you have in that area at that price ?

Am planing to setup a Wireless Network in the area.

If you are intrested let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭Furez

Ive been thinking about using net1. But when I checked their connect in a net cafe in Ardee I found the Pings to be terrible. Far worse than my current dialup. Tested it on 2 different days. Mabye the cafe had an obstacle but I seen its antenna and its very high. Anyone using Net1 able to show us some good pings to jolt.co.uk or just summarise how good/bad they are?

furez

edit misread above msg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

what sort of pings?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 tonysoprano

Driver, 6 iron and a sandwedge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

thats funny, really it is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭edwardo

Originally posted by byteloss
    Am planing to setup a Wireless Network in the area.

If you are intrested let me know.

Would be very interested in this for wlan gaming etc. Also would be very useful / cool to set up a waste / darknet in the local area..

Advertisement