Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATTN: Business 2003 Students

Options
  • 24-05-2003 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

Bit of a dilemma. In Transition Year, Business was one of my subjects. I was fairly good at it but did not take it as one of my Leaving Cert subjects. Anyway, two weeks ago I received my statement of subjects and Business was listed. The school had me registered and I took no notice of this when I signed the form!

So, if I don’t turn up for the Business exam I get “NG” printed on my certificate. That is something I don’t want, it just doesn’t look good! So, I have decided to sit the exam, at higher level!

As I said, I was good at Business in TY and covered units 1, 2, 3 (parts), 4 (parts) and 7. So, what do I need to do now? Will the following allow me to get a good grade?

Section 1:
    Short Questions,
    Just go over and learn all past and sample papers.

Section 2:
    ABQ,
    I did a revision course that covered this, last week. What should I really concentrate on?

Section 3:
    Part 1,
    Units 1, 6 and 7, short and easy to revise, but what do I need to focus on?

Part 2,
    Units 2, 3, 4 and 5. I’m a bit stuck but once I go over notes from the course I think I’ll be grand. Again, what should I really revise?

As regards Section 3, I think I will answer two questions from Part 1 and two from Part 2. I have revised Units 1, 6 and 7, so I should be okay there.

Anything else I need to do? And before you ask, I can’t remove it from the certificate as I signed it and the deadline is long gone!

If you want, email me directly on shane253@eircom.net!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i didny actually look at my books for a year and i didnt do business until 5th year and i got 49% in my mock, i'm a bit of a dunce so after a few weeks of studying, i expect to get around 70% in the LC, you'll be grand. if it was one of yer best subjects, why didnt u take it? ye eejit;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Bud, if you pass and i fail after doing itfor 2 years i'll come looking for you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

What should I be studying?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

ok here is what i think you can't go without studying:

Europe (Unit 7): First year this unit can be tested in the ABQ. Therefore it has two chances of coming up. The ABQ and in Section C Part 1.

The Employment Equality Act 1998: First Year this can be tested.

Tax Credits: First year the tax credits can be tested. Was a very popular question back in the TFA days. Mathematical.

Monitoring the business: Know the formula for monitoring the business. Didn't come up last year.

There you go. If they come up hail me as a legend, if they don't i will go back to my cave.!

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

Right! I'm gonna just revise the notes on skoool.ie! Am I safe? i think I'll do the questions on Unit 1,6,7 and Units 2,3,4.

And before you start shouting, I've got the ABQ covered, I think!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

honestly...I'd say you're kinda fubar.

then again, I did BS last year soo...

anyway...gotta agree with ferdi.

wtf were you thinking in NOT taking it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

by the way units 5,6,7 can give you at least 60% in the exams and a possible 75% if more questions come frome thoses units!

so i suggest you do units 5,6,7 then obviously!

Advertisement