Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyrone Vs Tyrone B thread

• 24-05-2003 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭

As of now i am gonna re direct traffic from the North board to this thread, so i can often gloat about how good a team Tyrone are, compared to "i hate elbowing ppl in d face" Tohill and co.

Sooo to start off.../me thinks there wudda been more than 8 points the difference if Tyrone hadda started too play!:D

Kingconor you want too add anything?

me mutters.."i wonder where on gods earth has frenchie went too lately?"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

After being told all week how much Tyrone had blown it last Sunday and how Derry were going to walk over them, i now sit here in a smug fashion pondering to what my opening line on monday will be.
    On the game itself. Tyrone were awesome! Every man on the field held his own, and did not get involved in the physical wrangles that Derry attempted to engage them in. Their short passing game was reminiscent of the early 90's Donegal team and was a joy to watch.
    Derry on the other hand, resorted to their usual "Stop Tyrone From Playing" tactic, however Peter "God" Canavan combated this with his sublime free taking.
    Paddy Bradley was a shadow of the man that played last week, simply because the surprise factor had gone.
    Sean Marty Lockhart, he failed to get the better of Wee Pete this week, and you could see his frustration, when towards the end of the game he pushed the Tyrone legend.
    For the second week in a row i was confronted by a middle aged Derry supporter taking his anger out on me, for the second week in a row, i silenced him with one sentence.
    P.S - Kudos to Declan Mc Crossan, he played a stormer and hopefully will fit in there in place of Gavin Devlin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Tyrones midfielder, I think Kavangh was his name?, excellent player. Looked very good in midfield. Maybe Tyrone are a one man team no longer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Arbez

"towards the end of the game he pushed the Tyrone legend"

..and Canavan is a saint then is he.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

Originally posted by Waylander
    Tyrones midfielder, I think Kavangh was his name?, excellent player. Looked very good in midfield. Maybe Tyrone are a one man team no longer!

Yeah Cavvanagh..it seems hes chipped a bone in his ankle yesterday(sunday) in a Club League game also Ryan Mc Menamin got a straight red yesterday in a cluib league game!!!
    Disapointing, Yes! But have no fear, we have lots of players to fill in, but im not sure if anyone can play mid field the way Big Cavannagh does!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I don't remember seeing him or hearing of him before. He was incredible on Saturday, from his first point about 20 seconds into the match to the very end. If he has chipped his ankle and is out for a while he is a huge loss. Of course he is no Ciaran Whelan! Ha ha. All joking aside that is the way Whelo should be playing every game. Maybe now he has been named as captain for this year his performances will improve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

goodman waylander, nice to see you bringing this usless tyrone thread on to the more important matters of Dublins midfield

C'mon the Dubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

Originally posted by ironbrew
    also Ryan Mc Menamin got a straight red yesterday in a cluib league game!!!
    Ricey didn't get sent off - in fact he scored the winning point against Killyclogher in Ederny (yes, in Fermanagh!) on Sunday last - I was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Hey Waylander, did u know that Cavanagh's only 19? However as brew mentioned, he is injured, its only a sprain though, so he should be back for the Ulster Final (should Tyrone get there)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

Originally posted by Northern Correspondent
    Ricey didn't get sent off - in fact he scored the winning point against Killyclogher in Ederny (yes, in Fermanagh!) on Sunday last - I was there.
    Ok soz i was lied to then!

Advertisement