Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

attachments

• 25-05-2003 12:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Im madly in love with my girlfriend. but i've been madly in love with so many people before and now i want to propose but im terrified that itll be a mistake

my friends have shyed away from answering me when i ask for the advice and tell me to do what my heart says but at the end of the day i feel that i love her but i could love a million others too

is that enough to marry and live with someone forever on

is there ever really a moment when you just know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

Well, someone's bound to ask what age age ya and how long have you,ve known/been going out with this person. Having come across several similar posts, the general idea as I understand seems to be you don't have to marry to express how much you love the person.

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

what makes this girl different to all the people you've been madly in love with before? i didnt think you could be madly in love with so many different people - i was under the impression that it happened once maybe twice in a lifetime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Kwizatz Anorak

Try living together first and see how you get on (assuming you're not living together already). If things don't work out you can always go back from there. If everything goes peachy a few months down the road, then I'd consider marraige again.

Are you living together now?

I think that being together is more important than any ceremony you go through and you need to figure out if living together is something that you guys do well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

I agree that you may want to try living together first. You learn so much more about a person living with them. I think in a marriage it can often be the small things like leaving the toilet lid up or dirty socks on the carpet that can break up a marriage. Learn each others habits and go from there? Don't worry about your closest friends not wanting to give you their advice cause they may not want to tell you the wrong thing to do and be blamed for it later. But Good Luck anyhow! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

I wouldn't love anyone else the way I love my girlfriend. The idea of being with another woman seems vaguely pointless since we got together, and I never experienced that before. Never imagined becoming so attached to anyone. Strength of it scares me. Then again maybe I just don't form close attachments as easily as you. Don't propose if you have doubts and you do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

emotional, are you serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Much like MrNuked... I've always (even though I'm pretty young) had a pretty hard time forming solid bonds with people... like, I've always had loads of friends but never many really strong friendships... until I met me girlfriend that is. She's the sun, the moon and the stars to me and I can't imagine life without her anymore even though we've only been with each other 8 months or so. They've been the best 8 months of my life and I don't regret a single moment of them. I would do anything for Sara and she can say the same about me. I've never trusted anyone as much as I trust her and almost never recieved as much love and care as she gives me before. Unless you feel the same way about this girl then I'd think long and hard before proposing or even talking about Marriage with her.

Advertisement