Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IrelandOffline forum redesign.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by dahamsta
    but the consensus seems to be in favour, and consensus rules.)
    I thought DeVore rules.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've always said "I rule!" :)

Technically speaking: We the admins rule, they appointed me as Director In Charge Of "Crowd Control" since I enjoy it and seem to have a knack for it.

I in turn often relinquish "rule" to the "consensus" if it makes sense and was established fairly etc.

Hence the term "benevolent dictatorship". IOFFL has always oocupied a special place with us... more latitude to the mods and a lighter touch from us (sparring the occasional anger-management issue I have with commerical advertisments ... *cough*...).

So, if the consensus is radically against/for an idea and the admins didnt have *strong* opinions about the amount of work it would generate for us, then the likelihood is that we'd let consensus stand. Much the way Feedback works...

In this instance, it looks like people think its at least worth a try and I have a suspicion that many will find it much better.... but thats just from my experience of communities...

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

ps: if you think that thats not a democracy consider this...

Ultimately you vote in favour of our way of doing things with your browser. If we were powertripping nutjobs... why the f*ck would anyone come back here! :):)

Just thought an explanation of how I arrive at what might otherwise seem arbitrary decisions.... :)

DeV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

If we were powertripping nutjobs... why the f*ck would anyone come back here!

To meet the other nutjobs. Sure you don't think we take any notice of you DeV, do you?

heh

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I welcome a split in the forums.

Personally, I have less time to check the forums these days and it can be difficult and time consuming to separate the Wheat From the Chaff.

I know Seamus and Lee do their best to move and merge threads where apporpriate but sometimes its difficullt to wade thro some of the personal complaints (although wholly vaild and important) people have with the repsective LO's and stay on top of the important regulatory and industry issues.

Just my 2c :)

David.

• Advertisement
Advertisement