Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men at Arms -vs- Night Watch

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

hmmm i'm about three quarters of the way through Night Watch now so i'll have to get back to you on this one.. but im probably leaning towards men at arms cos the characters are better. Although i am enjoying geting a view of Vetianri as a youngster!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Night Watch clearly.

Mark: Who's vote is not at all influenced by his lovely hardcover copy of Night Watch

/me doesnt gaze lovingly at cover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

A toughy.

IMO, Men at arms was definately funnier, but Night Watch was a better crafted, more engrossing story. Still, there was very little Nobby in Night Watch, so...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Ohh Nightwatch by a long sea mile......

C'mon, its the best written DW book by far!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

IMHO Night Watch is one of the best - amazed the voting is so close on this one (although maybe not as many have read it, being more recent and all that?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Fence

Gotta go with Night Watch, although have only read it once, and Men at Arms many times. Still NW is better written, even if it did surprise me by being quite serious... but in a good way.

Cya
    Fence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

I would have to say I prefer Men at Arms.. I enjoyed Night Watch, but Men At Arms doesn't try for as much "modernisation" as Night Watch does..

Advertisement