Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod Chip for a PS2

Options
  • 25-05-2003 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Where in Ireland can I get a mod chip for a ps2. Looking to get it fitted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

If I'm allowed post it I will. But if not I wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

il send you a pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Feel free to post information about mod chips. It's pirated games we have a problem with, not mod chips (which have plenty of legit uses, mostly in terms of playing R1 DVDs or US import games...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

On that note so, is it possible to chip Game Cubes and where would you get a chip? Cause if so, it could solve the whole problem of retail of them going down the tubes here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

go to www.upmanu.com he's around the Dublin area I think. Also for around the south area try http://www.geocities.com/ps2chipsireland

I bought mine pre modded from www.playstationschips.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

You don't need to mod the GameCube - just pick up a Freeloader disc (made by Datel, available from most game stores, but not GAME afaik), which allows you to boot GC games from the US and Japan on a PAL cube.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i think i have a post about a ps2 mod chip here some where, apprently messiah 2 would be the best to go for. I think i had a url for a website but they want you to send your ps2 to them..sounds dodgy .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Kewl. Thanks for the info. Still haven't gotten my cube though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

www.upmanu.com is a ripoff, €400 inc p&p for a prechipped console is rubbish

Places in england charge €310 incl p&p + 4 free games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Id love to get a modchip that enables Video CD and MP3 Cd playback. That would be the best thing evar.

With the Xbox Chipped you can downlood programs off the net to give it massive functionality, Eg. XBox media Player, Emulators Etc.

You the image to a Cd and then it copies to the xbox hard drive.

Great Stuff.

• Advertisement

yeah but then you cant play online, so ive been told.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Attreu

u need to have a switch on your xbox to be able to play online and even then you can only play original games on Live,
    however u can play multiplayer online via xboxconnect wit the chip on.

best chip for PS2 :messiah 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Originally posted by Ryo Hazuki
    Id love to get a modchip that enables Video CD and MP3 Cd playback. That would be the best thing evar.

With the Xbox Chipped you can downlood programs off the net to give it massive functionality, Eg. XBox media Player, Emulators Etc.

You the image to a Cd and then it copies to the xbox hard drive.

Great Stuff.

The ps2 has all the utilities that the xbox has, mp3 player, media player. Heres a starting point for you http://www.ps2collector.co.uk/

As for emulators, most of the older console stuff (snes, genesis) works pretty much 100% on both ps2 and box, but mame is a waste of time unless you're wanting to play the older games. Most games upwards of 1992 will run at about 10fps at best on ps2, double that for xbox.

-edit- there was a chip in development a month or so back, dmc or dnc, it allowed access to the memory card setup within the ps2, which would mean you'd be able to stick mp3 players and the like on the card. Dunno whats going on with that at the mo.

i just think its stupid running emulators on ps2 and xbox. Dreamcast running Ps1 games was pretty good though i guess.
    Only thing id use ps2 for besides dvds/games is playin mpegs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Have a look at my site

www.ps2chips.tk

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 modman

ill mod it for you mail me and ill get you sorted or look at my site www.irelandmodchips.com [hope its ok to post]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

This is ok. Putting up adverts isn't. But then Modman can't see this cos he's banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭IrishPug106GTi

Anyone got a link that works to somewhere in Dublin or Meath that I can get my PS2 chipped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

one of these on Talbot street does modding
    http://www.goldenpages.ie/Results.asp?origin=CHANGE&what=games&where=talbot+street

and there is a book shop beside it called books unlimited who also do mods, it might be the same person does both shops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

its gamezone on talbot street that will do the PS2 chipping but he usually only does it for friends and people that buy ps2s off him worth a try though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

anyone got a rough price for getting a PS2 modded here?

just so I know how many pennies I'll need. :D

hes quite expensive i think its €150 although you have to be if you offer people a warranty with the service
    Pete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

around €90 - €100 is the norm.. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Regarding emulators on the PS2, don't bother. I've tried them all and they are all crap. The NES one works at full speed but the graphics aren't perfect. The Genesis one is desperately slow and the only two games that work at full speed are shining force 1+2. The snes emulator is even slower and so far I haven't found a game that runs anywhere near playable on it. If you want emulation on a console then an xbox is the only one that will do it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Sorry for reviving this slightly distasteful subject, but I'd like to mod my PS2, to support imports and enjoy the other advantages these afford.

Most of the web-based retailers of these chips have pin soldering diagrams, based on the model of PS2 you have. How do you identify which revision of the PS2 that you have?

If possible, I'd prefer to save myself the trouble (and risk) and find someone to do this for me in the Dublin area. Anyone know of any reputable dealers (who might even offer a limited guarantee)?

The offering at: http://www.ps2chips.tk/ seems decent enough (if a little costly) but they're based in Cork.. Anywhere a little more local? PM me with details, if you offer this service yourself..

Thanks...

Gamezone on talbot street he is the only person i know that offers a guarantee i think its 3 months as long as its not a version 3 or under ps2

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I was under the impression (from some of the posts above) that he only did this in a friendly capacity - i.e. people he knows, etc..

Advertisement