Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsource blame eircom again

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by Saruman
    Are you saying wireless is too expensive? If you are in the City centre then IrishBroadband is only €45 or so.

im in waterford m8 not dublin

regards
    shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Synkronite

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Thanks Synkronite. You coulda got in months ago guy. :)

adam

I knoww.. this was the first I heard of Amocom.. But oh well.. I think Ill be going with DSL at the moment since it seems to be upto 512Kbps, substantially cheaper (both monthly and installation).. and although I seem to have LOS, I suspect Im at the border edge of the coverage map :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I wonder if everyone that's had problems with getting xDSL from Netsource has reported the issue to ComReg?

Netsource is entitled but not required to report issues to ComReg, so unless they explictly tell you that they're going to follow it up with ComReg, there's a fair chance that they'll simply leave it at that. There may be very valid reasons if this is the case, such as cost issues associated with trying to handle problems, but that would be serving their best interest, not yours. Your interests are obviously served best if you get the product you want, and a little extra work might just pay off.

After all, if ComReg don't know it's broke, how can they fix it?

adam

Originally posted by Synkronite
    I knoww.. this was the first I heard of Amocom.. But oh well.. I think Ill be going with DSL
    Actually I was talking about DSL. Douglas was upgraded months ago AFAIK.

adam

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Actually I was talking about DSL. Douglas was upgraded months ago AFAIK.

adam

Hehe.. You obviously didnt read my posts of being passed (Nov 2002, Jan 2003, Feb 2003) and then being failed come April 2003.. and now being passed once again. Hence the confusion :)

I should have had ADSL back in January 2002.

• Advertisement

Oops, sorry about that, didn't realise it was you. Now let's see if I can get both feet in here...

I should have had ADSL back in January 2002.

I would have had it ages ago too if Esat hadn't gone and looked at my exchange. Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Dahamsta.. I was talking to a person near where you live tonight who said a person in his estate was getting DSL.. Im going to check up on this further and find out his phone number and other details and can pass it onto you, but I seriously doubt Ballinlough has DSL yet as Ive usually asked for that area for friends of mine..

Originally posted by Synkronite
    Dahamsta.. I was talking to a person near where you live tonight who said a person in his estate was getting DSL.. Im going to check up on this further and find out his phone number and other details and can pass it onto you, but I seriously doubt Ballinlough has DSL yet as Ive usually asked for that area for friends of mine..
    It hasn't Synkronite. Is it possible the person you're talking about is living in Mahon/Blackrock?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Originally posted by DeVore
    The reason why you arent told why your line had failed is that:

a. The biddys dont know.
    b. The management dont tell the biddys because:
    c. If you knew what was wrong, you'd want it fixed.

DeV.

True, I emailed netsourced again today looking for the reason but probably better off to ring eircon and get to the source. Been busy with exams so I haven't done it yet. There are net cafes all around me so there is hope... please god!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

d'oh never knew esat were on douglas :eek:
    interesting ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement