Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#Quake , ops , Bubbles , banning , Slaanesh and all the other crap i`m sick of hearing about !

Options
  • 20-06-1998 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭

Yo,

I leave yis alone for a few days and what happens ?
    The collective mental age drops by about 10 years :(

Ok...first off....untill I sort out exactly what happened ...Bubbles is level 5 . If it turns out he was a bad boy...he`ll lose all access.

Rather than post here complaining about what happened...email logs to me at tonyg@indigo.ie .
    I`ll decide what to do when i see some evidence.

Secondly..as to Slaanesh A) getting ops , and B) banning Thinker -

The A) part is my fault....I unsecured the channel cos I couldnt hang around to sort out some morons , and havent been back on to re-secure it . Thats done now .

The B) part .........Thinker...I need logs. Whatever happened.....anyone who abuses ops will lose em permanantly ....and if they were only ops temporarily or dont have ops at all......I have other ways to deal with it . K-lining people every time I see them online is one of them . Ask Daa how effective that is .

Finally ...can we all just grow up and use #quake the way it was intended to be used - a meeting place for Irish Quakers . Its not about power-tripping , or picking on people you dont like . Its supposed to be fun . Its unfortunate that there are certain rules that have to be enforced , but in order to make #quake and irc in general a useful and above all *fun* experience for everyone...rules have to be followed by everyone ..including the ops .

Tony

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

:
    Right let shiva sort out the bubbles/blade/devore thing. the reason i gave slan op's is because if me and hobbes left the channel we have to op someone until an real op comes back to look after things. however slan at the time was the only person I knew who was on, so i made the decission to op him. I did not know he was going to act like that and will not op him in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i belive ya.............

Advertisement