Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Well Done Rangers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

Originally posted by Bard
    It's the same idiots who show up at Ireland's international home football matches and chant "Sinn Fein" and "IRA" during the chorus to "Fields of Athenry", and think they're smart loudly 'boo'ing whenever a Rangers or ex-Rangers player gets the ball. These pea-brained idiots don't even deserve to be Irish, nevermind be at an Irish football match.

Some utter twats will never simply realise that sport transcends race, creed and politics.

:)
    yeah they should be shot with their own sh!t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 BlackFlag

Take it you two "know alls" never lived in Belfast........
    My main gripe was WWM's deliberate provacation here.......
    I am an arsenal fan born in London but I don't wear blinkers....unlike some "peabrains" :rolleyes:

Originally posted by jonno
    why bring religions and inaccurate geography into it
    The British came to this country and partioned it so how do you make out that the present borders are accurate?

It is people like you and Bard who don't give a toss about the North because you have your freedom already...I mean I am alright Jack etc...........Do you think the Irish left stranded up there should be forgotten about......Britain delib picked the border so their "loyal servants" would remain the majority

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by BlackFlag
    Britain delib picked the border so their "loyal servants" would remain the majority

sounds like good use of stratagy to me.

fact is that ranger won the scottish league. this has what to do with northern ireland?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Ok,

this is a soccer board. I've seen more than enough northern political crap interfering with various sports over the years, and quite frankly I have no time for it. Discuss your politics on the politics forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

Ah leave WWM alone, I seen someone saying he was a spurs fan he has enough problems as it is!....

He reminds me of one of those kids in school who supported 2nd and 3rd divsion teams like halifax just to be arseholes and could argue with everyone :)

Ended up very sad and lonley most of them tbh....can't blame halifax for that tho!

Emboss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by BlackFlag
    The British came to this country and partioned it so how do you make out that the present borders are accurate?

I think you'll find that the partition was put in place as part of a treaty signed by representatives of BOTH the British and Irish. The present borders are accurate because ... well because they just are. They are internationally recognised. This is still irrelevant in a discussion about football.

It is people like you and Bard who don't give a toss about the North because you have your freedom already...I mean I am alright Jack etc...........

What utter bollocks. I do care about the place and I have friends who live up the North. Saying that the North is part of the UK isn't akin to not giving a toss about it, it's just stating a fact.
    Do you think the Irish left stranded up there should be forgotten about......Britain delib picked the border so their "loyal servants" would remain the majority

"Left stranded"... lol

Take the discussion to the Politics forum, FFS.

[edit]: ecksor, my apologies- I posted this before seeing your most recent reply (above).

Last reply and then I am away from these boards back to the BB ones....Bard you say both Governments consented....we know what happened don't we after that.........................ZZzzzzzzzzz

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Bard, apology accepted.

BlackFlag, banned from the soccer forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I need to get a point in before this topic is locked:)

To say that the 'better team won' is ridiculous. They were equal on points and damn near equal on goal difference.

Rangers won fair and square, no qualms with that. However, it is in my view impossible to say that they are the 'better' team because they have a +1 goal difference.

What were the results between the sides? I dont keep up enough with scottish football to remember. In situations like this, it really should be up to results between the two sides to decide it before goal difference comes into play. (Luckily, that theory keeps the english div1 title with Arsenal in 89 ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I think rangers had the better results across all the old firm games so on that basis I suppose they were the better team.

Overall I'd say rangers have the better players as well, Larsson carries Celtic a little too much for my liking though their team spirit is better which is to be expected with Martin O'Neill as your manager.

I don't really like head to head results deciding things at least with goal difference theres still a chance in your final game. If you look at the youth games between Ireland, England, Switzerland and Slovakia? Slovenia?, England had it won after two games because of the head to head thingy. That kinda blows.

The Celtic fans have kind of embarrased themselves in this thread (ably assisted by WWM) but if you ever walked past Frazers on O'Connell st. of a match day that won't really surprise you too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I didnt see the arsenal fans slate the utd fan with obscenities such as you VVanker when man utd supporters started a thread to celebrate winning the EPL.

You guys are contradicting yourself. You support english football teams, who bear in mind are as predominantly protestant as rangers are supposed to be.

If you guys were as pro irish as you lead us to believe, you'd give the eircom league your support. Which to be brutally honest is equally as enjoyable as watching any game in the scottish premier league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It's this kind of Scottish football mentality that makes me (rarely) ashamed to admit that I am from Glasgow, and I love being Scottish. Being Scottish, all supporters of football should be gracious in losing and in winning.

So what if Rangers won, or Celtic won, the better team won at the time. I'd like to think that because I am Scottish I can hold my head up high and say that the best team won. Mind you I don't watch football (unless Scotland plays England ;)).

If the people spouting anti Celtic/anti Rangers quaffings truly live the posts that they write then that makes me sad to be Scottish for a neosecond. :(

Auchermuchty FC all the way baby.

(apologies if this was off topic)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

lol - Eamonn, your ability to rile people is unsurpassed - I'm awed.

I love sport, and one of the saddest detractors from it is when people try and bring politics into the discussion.

But fair play to Rangers, they just about deserved it, bastids. Next year!

Al.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sorry, I banned Blackflag for being a tosser. Apologies if that removes a "debater" from this thread, but frankly I can live without that sort of person in my life or on these boards.

Just so you know. Oh, and it was my decision prompted by noone except Blackflag himself. Direct flames/whinges at me or more efficiently to dev@null.com.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

Rangers paid off the linesman.

WWM is a troll.

Gandalf is weak.

DeVore has the power.

Personal abuse? moi? ici? nou? in a football discussion? par for the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    lets face it. there really isnt much between celtic and ireland, apart from half the country supporting them for some reason.
    i mean, what are the reasons for supporting them?
    they arent irish.
    they arent in ireland.
    they dont have any irish players.
    even the manager is from northern ireland, and thats part of the UK.

1:They are Irish. They were founded by a Mayo born priest called brother Walfrid.

2:So what if there not in Ireland. Cardiff (obviously a Welsh club) have just been promoted to the English First devision. Also, Joe Kinnear wanted to bring Wimbledon over to Ireland a few years ago and still continue to play in the English league.

3:One of there best midfielders is from Cork, Colin Healy. He doesn't get much of a chance to prove himself but he could easily take the place of his fellow Irish team mate, Neil Lennon.

4:I won't even talk about your last point. Maybe in a few years when we get our teddy's head back.

BTW, WWM, I bet you don't chear your team on down the local with your rangers jersey on.

About the matches yesterday. Two goals can not seperate a team from the title. That could have been two bad decisions by a ref all season. A playoff would have sorted it out fair and square.

It's the same idiots who show up at Ireland's international home football matches and chant "Sinn Fein" and "IRA" during the chorus to "Fields of Athenry", and think they're smart loudly 'boo'ing whenever a Rangers or ex-Rangers player gets the ball. These pea-brained idiots don't even deserve to be Irish, nevermind be at an Irish football match.

I guess you would be talking about 80% of the crowd. When Tore Andre Flo had the ball against Ireland the vast majority of the crowd booed. And that was a friendly which Flo was an ex-Rangers player, wait til you hear the crowd when Arveladze has the ball in Lansdowne Rd.

c'mon the Celts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

CMON BOHS!!!!!

Who cares about celtic or rangers there both in a league in my opinion worse than the eircom.

WE HATE SHAMROCK ROVERS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Originally posted by eireboy
    1:They are Irish. They were founded by a Mayo born priest called brother Walfrid.

So by your logic then the Argentinian Navy is Irish because it was set up by a Irishman (Commodore John Barry). Just because they were set up by Irish Clergy doesn't make them Irish they are Scottish because they are based in Glasgow.
    2:So what if there not in Ireland. Cardiff (obviously a Welsh club) have just been promoted to the English First devision. Also, Joe Kinnear wanted to bring Wimbledon over to Ireland a few years ago and still continue to play in the English league.

And your point is what exactly?
    3:One of there best midfielders is from Cork, Colin Healy. He doesn't get much of a chance to prove himself but he could easily take the place of his fellow Irish team mate, Neil Lennon.

So by your logic you'll be supporting Rangers if one of our young Irish stars joins them. However I believe that is unlikely given the bigoted response they would get from "football fans" back in Ireland.
    4:I won't even talk about your last point. Maybe in a few years when we get our teddy's head back.

If you do want to discuss please go to humanities or politics.
    BTW, WWM, I bet you don't chear your team on down the local with your rangers jersey on.

I think you'll find that WWM now lives in Surrey so I'm sure he'd have no problems wearing it. However over here he'd probably get a kicking from a certain element of "loyal celtic football fans".

About the matches yesterday. Two goals can not seperate a team from the title. That could have been two bad decisions by a ref all season. A playoff would have sorted it out fair and square.

Well if Thompson hadn't of missed that peno and in the previous match that 2nd goal had not of being conceeded then Celtic would have won and I could bet a large sum of money you'd be goading WWM and saying what a great victory it was.

Gandalf.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

my 2c. As an avid athlete and reasonable sportsman in my youth (sooo long ago now :) ) I'm going to apply the same logic we were taught there to threads like these.

You cheer you're own team. Only poorly-raised, ignorant people boo the other team.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

...About the matches yesterday. Two goals can not seperate a team from the title. That could have been two bad decisions by a ref all season. A playoff would have sorted it out fair and square. ...

Those are the rules - they're the same for everyone.
    Like in a grand prix, it doesnt matter if you win by 5 laps or by five one-thousands of a second. It's still just a win.

As some geezer on the telly says.... "Hear that.......... that's the sound of 2nd place."

Anyway, kill off those dumb **** parochial leagues and roll on more champions league type stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Gandalf, None of your points made sense with anything I said. You may get respect by lots of people because your a mod but I really don't lke you at all. Stop picking up for your fellow mods.

Err Eireboy can you rephrase that in English I assume your saying I'm standing up for other mods.

Nope I am fed up with the hypocritial attitude spouting from certain Celtic supporters on this board and I have decided to tackle it. You don't like me, oh no tbh I don't give a damn judging from your attitudes based on what you have written here I don't think we would get along.

As for my points not making any sense surely your not that blinkered are you ?

All I am seeing here from the majority of Celtic supporters that have identified themselves is a pack of sore losers and whingers.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by DapperGent
    I think rangers had the better results across all the old firm games so on that basis I suppose they were the better team.

for the record

Rangers - Played 38 - Won 32 - Drew 4 - Lost 2

Celtic - Played 38 - Won 32 - Drew 4 - Lost 2

they won due to having 2 more goals on goal difference..

i wasnt gonna reply to this thread but some of you dont seem to have a clue what your talking about..

this has been the closest season in my lifespan that ive ever seen between the old firm, and i think celtic played well all season, im just rather gutted that we have no silverwear to show for all the effort that was put in.

as for this whole northern ireland crap, why the hell was that brought into this?

and i done a essay on the bigotry in glasgow for english about 8 years ago, if you look into it and get the facts you would see why there might be an irish connection (personally i couldnt care, im born and bred in glasgow and i support celtic and thats it, none of this 2nd team for me stuff, all my dedication goes to the hoops..)

as for the whole celtic rangers thing being associated with religion, its a sad affair and living in glasgow its 10x worse.. i stopped wearing my celtic top in public years ago after to many incidents where i was chased, and even sometimes attacked due to the fact i was wearing a celtic top so i was therefore deemed a catholic.. it all runs down to this and as ive said, its always really dissapointed me. But thats what you grow up with and its hard not to put them together, and as ive said about checking up on history, it was known almost a hundred years ago now that this whole thing started (1908 i think the actual date was) and ppl started to put the team you supported with your religion.

Personally i have a good few friends who are both protestant and rangers fans, it dosent stop them being some of my best mates, although we stopped watching the old firm matches together years ago due to some arguments happening :p

my point is its there, you can say its a load of crap (which i also think it is..) but the simple fact is its there and it isnt going to go away because a few of you choose the fact to ignore it..

anyway enough of the crap about religion etc..

its also amusing how irish folk only really like celtic when its the old firm derby (not all but the majority, i know a good few avid celtic fans from donegal etc..), i for one have never been a fan of these 'couch supporters' but im not gonna get into that either, ive wrote enough..

for the record i dont think WWM supports rangers, i think he done it to get a reaction, which hes good at doing on here, but im not to complain as it makes me laugh on a good few of the other boards he posts on, its only cause im a celtic fan i didnt appreciate this one :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Gandalf, None of your points made sense with anything I said. You may get respect by lots of people because your a mod but I really don't lke you at all. Stop picking up for your fellow mods.

Eireboy, his points make infinitely more sense than your comment above, with the exception of point 3.

By your logic AC Milan, founded by three Englishmen, are an English club. Would you like to rethink this?

Regardless of the league Cardiff play in, they are still Welsh. Are you trying to claim they are somehow an English club? Remember, you were responding to WWM's point that Celtic aren't in Ireland. You respond by talking about something unrelated.

This is the one point you make that (a) belongs on this forum, and (b) makes any sense, since it shows WWM was wrong to say that Celtic don't have any Irish players.

As for your final point...this is a SOCCER FORUM. Like many others have said, leave the politics out please, there is a forum provided for that on boards.

WWM is clearly winding people up by expressing his satisfaction at Rangers winning the league, but he's not doing anything wrong. Anyone who has decided to respond to this with abuse, or worse still, ill-thought out politics, is merely displaying their ignorance and intolerance.

Finally, WWM, only for you live in Surrey I'd be convinced that I work with you. Rangers and Spurs I've come across before...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Eirebouys coherant, well reasoned and logically sound arguments have convinced me that he is right and gandalf is in fact wrong about everything.

Take that you racist pig gandalf.

Im off down to lansdowne road to spit on a georgian for having the temereity to accept a contract with a team in another country who have nothing to do with me!!! SEE YE THERE!

Originally posted by Dustaz

What were the results between the sides? I dont keep up enough with scottish football to remember. In situations like this, it really should be up to results between the two sides to decide it before goal difference comes into play. (Luckily, that theory keeps the english div1 title with Arsenal in 89 ;) )

Celtic 3 - 3 Rangers

Rangers 3 - 2 Celtic

Celtic 1 - 0 Rangers

Rangers 1 - 2 Celtic

and why do you boo rangers players for there national team btw?

when it comes to scotland playing we were there as a country, why both sides of the divide were more than happy to see names such as

Ally Mc Coist, Barry Ferguson, Paul Mc Stay, Frank McAvennie etc etc.. to play in a scotland shirt

to say i think the majority of you couldnt give a toss about the scottish league is an understatement, why the hell you boo against players that play in a league that none of you care about is totally beyond me.

and CELTIC is a SCOTTISH, yes SCOTTISH team... jesus

anyway bedtime, up in 5 hours..

And in a late result... Dustaz 1 : 0 Gandalf.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah, because wearing a teams jersey and going to the pub to watch the match is what supporting a football team is all about. In fact it's the be-all and end-all of it.

Rangers won the league, fair play. Don't really care, I don't have any interest in Scottish football.
    It's obviously tough on Celtic and their supporters, losing a league on goal difference is awfully harsh.
    Maybe the two sides should be allowed into the Nationwide League. Looking at the results Big Chief posted they only dropped 14 points.
    Motherwell weren't even relegated because the team that won the 1st Division didn't meet the requirements of the SPL. But that's a whole different discussion.

• Advertisement

originally posted by therecklessone
    WWM is clearly winding people up by expressing his satisfaction at Rangers winning the league, but he's not doing anything wrong. Anyone who has decided to respond to this with abuse, or worse still, ill-thought out politics, is merely displaying their ignorance and intolerance.

Well said therecklessone. I hate it when people force you to reevaluate them :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

congratulations to Rangers

Arsenal for the Premiership next season :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by therecklessone

Finally, WWM, only for you live in Surrey I'd be convinced that I work with you. Rangers and Spurs I've come across before...

actually, patsy kensit is a spurs and rangers fan.
    funny, but true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by Big Chief
    and why do you boo rangers players for there national team btw?

People at Lansdowne Road boo Rangers players when they're playing for their national team because they're fu<king idiots.

It's going to be embarrassing any time Arveladze gets the ball in the Georgia game. And will the FAI do anything about it? Will they fu<k.

Originally posted by Gordon

Auchermuchty FC all the way baby.

(apologies if this was off topic)

was unaware that you were a chuchter gordon :p

dont think i can look on you with the same light ever again!

"de ye ken whit i mean like?" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

Originally posted by DapperGent
    http://www.dangerhere.com/gufflog/more.php?id=166_0_1_0_C

Rofly rofly rofly.

Nuff said on this matter!!! ;)

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    People at Lansdowne Road boo Rangers players when they're playing for their national team because they're fu<king idiots.

It's going to be embarrassing any time Arveladze gets the ball in the Georgia game. And will the FAI do anything about it? Will they fu<k.

I tell you, as a rugby fan who goes to almost every home intl, I am disgusted by the Irish soccer fans in Lansdowne. Tbh I think the IRFU should ban them from playing there for bringing the stadium and country into disrepute.

I've only been to 2 home soccer matches, and that was enough, I won't be going to another anytime soon. The disrespect and unfriendly attitude of the Irish crowd was astonishing - I was actually embarassed to be Irish on the night of the Russia game, when the crowd started singing "You're crap and you know it - GO HOME". And it wasn't friendly banter, it was vehement, threatening behaviour, the likes of which you'd more likely associate with the Orangemen at a road block at the bottom of the Garvaghy Road. First time I've ever been ashamed to be Irish. And this was a *friendly*, and our opponents had travelled thousands of miles to play us. Disgusting.

What I find confusing is the fact that all the guys who go to the away matches seem to be dead sound, nice people who are great ambassadors for the country.

A couple of other points - a) no, I'm not Protestant, I just like watching and playing rugby; b) no Big Chief, WWM is a Rangers fan, and has been as long as he's been around these boards, maybe a newbie like yourself may not realise that; c) I support Celtic, and I have been to Parkhead - how many of you armchair Celtic supporters can say the same?

Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

(heh, actually Big Chief, I was just joking about the Auchtermuchty, I didn't even know there was an AFC! y'ken!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Scottish

On a lighter note, the last time Scotland played at Lansdowne, OUR fans were booing the Rangers players. Probably has something to do with the high percentage of Partick Thistle fans in the Tartan Army. We do like a joke at our own expense, and it defused the potential for any trouble that night (or so I seem to remember, although I was very very drunk).

Football just attracts that hooligan element sometimes. Doesn't stop it from being about 100 times better than rugby :)

Originally posted by Trojan
    b) no Big Chief, WWM is a Rangers fan, and has been as long as he's been around these boards, maybe a newbie like yourself may not realise that

sorry oh wise one... :rolleyes:

woulda been a valid point without the newbie, but since you feel the need to come off like that, i think you sir are a knob. wp

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

woulda been a valid point without the newbie, but since you feel the need to come off like that, i think you sir are a knob. wp
    I didn't realise newbie was an offensive term? And you are a newbie. Just as I am a newbie to loads of those old QWeers or similarily oldschool boards types.

i never said i wasnt, but the way he used it to validate/emphasise his point even more makes him come off like a knob.

"a knob" - what a spiffing insult! Do you mind if I write it down for future use? How original!

On the other hand, "newbie" is not an insult, and simply a description of your relative time here on boards. I was politely pointing out the fact that you are accusing WWM of being a troll, saying that he was not a Gers fan, when you have obviously not been around this community for long enough to know that. How about a little fact behind your blind allegations and accusations? Or is intelligent and respectful argument too much to expect on this board?

I submit that perhaps it is you who are the knob here...

(You need to lay off the coffee btw, it's not good for the auld blood pressure).

Al.

Originally posted by Trojan
    "a knob" - what a spiffing insult!

Sorry whats that? i couldnt quite hear you behind that silver spoon you appear to have lodged in your mouth.

I never said it was an insult either, i said you used it to validate your point more as if your opinion means so much more than mine, but whatever floats your boat heh

Ive seen WWM add things into some celtic chats before on the football board, but each time it always came off as if he was just trying to start a lil flame, he dosent come across as your fanatical rangers supporter. I obviously picked this up wrong therefore i apologise.

b) no Big Chief, WWM is a Rangers fan, and has been as long as he's been around these boards, maybe a newbie like yourself may not realise that
    Or is intelligent and respectful argument too much to expect on this board

sorry i cant quite get upto your art of 'intellectual' arguments there "mr oldsk00l"..

• Advertisement

OK the two of you stop the bickering or I will add two more bannings to the growing list from this thread. Remember its been a quiet day and I haven't abnned one person yet (the trigger finger is itchy!).

Gandalf.

sorry i cant quite get upto your art of 'intellectual' arguments there "mr oldsk00l"..

I don't remember using the word intellectual, I do hope it's my post you read, not someone elses.

How and ever, you do have something of a point (if weak). I shall not argue further - you have my sincere apology for any offense caused to you by my "newbie" remark.

I think that calling someone "a knob" is considered an insult, no matter what spin you put on it, but that's a different story.

--

Where's that lad who thinks soccer is a better game than rugby? You've got to be kidding - there's no comparision - rugby is a far more interesting and varied game with drop goals, line-outs, scrums, tries, rucks, and my personal favourite - mauls! Soccer on the other hand consists of kicking a ball back and forth between 2 goalkeepers for 92 minutes, with the occasional outfield player touching the ball for a few seconds each half... a bloody foreign sport anyway.

Al.

Hey sorry Ganders, didn't see your post til after I posted that... still, nothing inflammatory!

Cheers,
    Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Scottish

An "is football better than rugby" thread. Now theres one to keep us all up until the wee hours.

Hands down, the winners has to football. From a historical, sociological, aesthetic and entertainment point of view there really is no contest.

Although I'm sure some will disagree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Rugby League or Rugby Union. Rugby League would win it hands down of course but that's for another board

Rugby and Football/Soccer whatever you like to call it can't be compared. it would be like asking which is better table tennis or tiddly winks

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement