Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

valuation sub-board or sticky

Options
  • 25-05-2003 6:22pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭

a sub-board or sticky within the for sale board which could be used so that people could post up what they are planning to sell and get it valued so that they could know how much to put it up for sale for

i.e> a how much is this worth *sticky*
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I was gonna suggest the sub-board the other day, but then I wondered if anyone would actually go in there. And the sticky would get pretty confusing after a while too I reckon.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Good idea.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The only way to see what a second hand item is *worth* is to try and sell it.

If you asked me what a digital video camera was worth I'd tell you 800 notes, but if you asked me to buy it I'd say piss off! :)

Things are worth what people will really pay for them...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

bit like DeVore's hair...its priceless but i wouldn't pay for it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ahh, thats why you're banned dave!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by Gordon
    Ahh, thats why you're banned dave!

shh gordo...don't give him any ideas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Actually a good rule of thumb for most stuff is half the original retail price. Assuming of course it has only suffered ordinary wear and tear and manuals, etc. are available.

Advertisement