Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Film Four!

• 25-05-2003 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I dont think film four is worth the 9euro a month becos most of its films appear on sky cinema or premier anyway sooner or later or appeared there already!

Sky bought the film rights for pulp fiction,muriels wedding and had the rights to cruel intentions which has now switched to FF so I think Skys movie channels are enough!

do u have film four and if so is it worth it

Is Filmfour worth the money? 20 votes

Yes..I think its well worth it!
    0% 0 votes
    Nah I spend enough and its not worth it!
    15% 3 votes
    I used to think so, but I cancelled it because of cost/no longer watch
    70% 14 votes
    I used to think so, but I cancelled after they changed the channel line-up
    15% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Can you add a third option? Something along the lines of:

"I had it, but cancelled when the bas***ds replaced two channels showing 80 hours of films a week, with one channel showing six hours, and had the gall to call this an improvemnet to the service"

Ok, a slight exageration, given that Extreme showed a lot of repeats (sometimes on the same bloody night!), but they can ask me arse if they think they're getting 9 Euro off me again.

I'll just redirect the money to play.com...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Added in new poll options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i got rid of them after they introduced Film 4 Weekly. i'm waiting for Sky Movies to broadcast in widescreen before going back to them

Originally posted by barnes2k
    I dont think film four is worth the 9euro a month becos most of its films appear on sky cinema or premier anyway sooner or later or appeared there already!
    Actually, I'd go further and say theres more to watch on TCM for free than film four now.The only down side being, that theres lots of commercial breaks as opposed to uninterupted movies :(

If you like drama on tv and maybe one or two of the soaps, and throw in things on top of that like, Dawsons,smallville and of course star trek, with a smidgeon of documentaries ( and lashings of big brother secretly or otherwise...) you might if you lead a busy lifestyle end up taping enough of these and movies on terrestrial, as to make film four a complete waste of money imho.
    That goes for Sky's movie channels also at their current price.
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

I have always considered Film four a waste of money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Used to enjoy FilmFour, for the quirky/odd and foreign films.

Now... My Best Friends Wedding? I mean.. really... We get this stuff on TV3 even. Utter waste of time and money.

Advertisement