Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBC & Regional Sport

• 25-05-2003 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Today the BBC have decided to showed unrestricted access to their Regional sport (is this a taste of things to come or are they trying to push the boundaries with regards to copyright issues ?
    BBC 2 Scotland showed the Celtic game live today. When I spoke with them earlier this year regarding Scottish viewers being able to watch Motd, but we In England could not watch Jock footie and pointing out we all pay the same licence fee I was fobbed off with we can never show league games outside Scotland (except for old firm games) due to copyright laws.
    Now,
    BBC 2 N.Ireland showed the Championship between Cavan – Antrim, (the Golf went into a play-off so somebody may have forgotten to flick a switch). However during my enjoyment of being in East Anglia and being able to watch Cavan play for the first time since I think… er UTV showed the championship, somebody must have remembered the switch and turned it on… then 5 mins later decided to turn it off and leave it off until the end of the seniors and… then turn it on again and finally turn the restriction off again for the minors. BBC N.I. are renowned for doing it all by the book (can’t remember seeing N.I Internationals, unlike BBC Wales who are only to pleased to have viewers watching their internationals without getting the 08).

Was this just a one off lucky day or a test day for future sport days when the Beeb lets all viewers watch wherever they are, (well within official footprint)?

Advertisement