Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant study... need help

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Best of luck to all a'yall!
    CA in DCU? oh the humanity! i hated programming this year, im so glad to get rid of the bastard java!
    Anyways you'll all be grand with the LC, its not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Anyone else here doing(or hoping to anyway) BIS in UCC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

if you ever thought there was nothing worse than studyin... stick one a them EXTRA Thin Ice things up your nose.

Anyone doing (or hoping to) sports science in DCU??

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I think Silent Bob is the only one so far who's grasped how the points system works.

Computer Science is popular and there's not a chance in hell it'll be AQA anytime in the near future. Do you realize that the "minimum points" thing that you are talking about, which all next years LC students will be looking at could be 200 or 500 depending on how well the people who applied did?

For example, (I don't know about the matriculation requirements for this course, im just using it as a general example) ,

Human Genetics in Trinity has 8 places in it per year, as expected the points each year are fairly high, above the 500 mark, but lets say all the smart people decide one year that they dont want to do this course, in fact, the only people who applied got 285 points or so in their LC . BING, they get into the course because nobody with higher points applied.

Something similar happened with Philosophy in UCD (i think) a couple of years ago, it was 280 one year, so loads of people applied for it thinking they'd get in no problem.
    So many applied that the course jumped to over 500 points on that years chart.

So in the words of Silent Bob "supply and demand people!".

Advertisement