Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

USR 9003 ADSL Modem/Router

• 25-05-2003 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hey all,

From searching the boards it looks like you have had enough questions about ADSL modems and which one is best,
    but i came accross this one, which wasnt mentioned in any previous thread.
    I havent been able to find any reviews on it, and just wondered if anyone has used it or heard about it,
    particularly in comparison to the modems on adslguide.

Also, how good are the firmware firewalls that come with most of these modems?
    would i be better off connecting the modem (with its firewall settings off) to a seperate machine and using iptables instead?
    If not for the sake of experience, for configurability?
    Or is this overkill for the normal (allbeit paranoid and 24/7) net user?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Did anyone actually get the USR modem to work with netsource?

I can't and God knows I've tried..

tribble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

UPDATE : - Problem turrned out to be at eircoms (exchange) end (they are still working on it).

The USR 9003 is as of yet unproven but I'll post back later.

tribble

Advertisement