Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comreg involved in Denial Of Service Attack

Options
  • 25-05-2003 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

It appear that instead of useful things like

a) Getting Eircom to complete Netsource orders on time or
    b) Publishing vital consultations such as the USO

Comreg spent the week terrorising a bunch of kids in their Bedrooms instead, they shut down most of the Pirate FM stations on the east coast in a series of raids. Story

Etain must have her free car finally, they seems very mobile according to the story :D

M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭qwertyup

I have to say I am pretty ticked off with this. Phantom FM was pretty much the only station out there that in some way catered to my tastes, and without it (and the other pirates), the Dublin radio scene just got a hell of a lot more conventional, with manufactured pop blasting from all angles. Nothing to listen to while walking anymore either :(

Why this merits such action from comreg, while slamming, and general bad conduct on Eircom and other operators parts is just totally ignored is beyond me. I guess shutting down stations which dont cater to the blander mainstream is more imortant that getting us ahead of such internet superpowers Nigeria and the like.

EDIT: Not so much raiding a bunch of kids rooms, as confiscating some fairly expensive equipment (7g+ according to one of the papers) from high points like 3 Rock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

Yep, it's sad that we have to put up with the mass-produced tat (not only that, but often the same songs are repeated 4 or even 5 times in a day) instead of new and innovative or even just different material. This site has some interesting articles on previous broadcaster closedowns and the history of radio in Ireland. Worth a look.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Do Chorus still have their licences?
    Because if comreg are going around wrecking the scene on people who are exhibiting a bit of public creativity, and not bothering to do what they should be doing, regulating the telecomms industry, what are they doing existing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Muck
    Comreg spent the week terrorising a bunch of kids in their Bedrooms instead,[/B]
    It's been a while since ollie dowling was a kid . Sure he must be as old as I am ;)

Advertisement