Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New blur album (think tank)

Options
  • 25-05-2003 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

just dow.. erm i mean bought it,

what does everyone think , pretty cool eh? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Was in Pravda early the other day and they were playing the whole album. Sounded pretty good on one listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I think its very good, it takes a few listens to really get into it but is that always the way with great albums.

I watched a little thing on them making the album, they went to marakesh (spelt totally wrong) and made the album in some crazy littyle building in the middle of nowhere, it seemed to do the job though!!

i wonder how it will sound live?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

i'm not the biggest blur fan at all. sure their tunes are alright, but they always were in my weird corner of the music collection. maybe it was because i preffered their nemesis oasis, who knows?

if you managed to hear their single 'out of time' on radio or the tv, you would think, "yeah, its good", then you would hear it again, and you would say, "i like that tune", and the more you hear it the more it catches your brain. thats what the album is like. think tank is a grower that you wont end up hating in about a months time.

the album is a fresh one and i think you'll agree with me once you give it a few listens. tunes that stand out are no doubt 'caravan' which kinda reminds me of gypsy world music scene. 'brothers and sisters' is one bad track. when i say bad i mean good. just like in the 80s. "we're all drug takers, give us something tonight" i told you it was a grower and it just caught me with a large big hook.

other tunes worth mentioning are 'jets' and fatboy slim produced 'crazy beat', he's not all that bad. so, to sum it all up, go buy or download this album. hell, just buy the damn thing.

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

its a lot more inaccessable than their earlier albums.
    I think Blur-Blur is still their best.

Advertisement