Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of the Beam Saga

Options
  • 26-05-2003 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Just to close off what was a long running story on this forum last year.

About 6 months ago, I took out satellite subscription with Beam; about 2 months ago the service went down and after getting the runaround from their support desk for 2 weeks, I received an email, circulated to all their satellite customers, stating that due to problems with the German provider of the service, they were dropping satellite completely.

For those interested in satellite, I decided not to replace it - it was great having always on and downloads were superb but latency issues caused too many problems with my main task which is replicating SQL Server databases around the country.

I've ended up going with a Dedicated Server hosted on the net which I dial into various times during the day - just keeping my fingers crossed that UTV Internet will offer 2 line option on their FRIACO package next month :)

Martin Harran

Advertisement