Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Complaint about an admin

• 26-05-2003 9:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Don't know if I am in the right forum here but I have a complaint about an admin called Whitewashman who appears to have delib been provocative and misusing his admin status.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=924200#post924200

I have gone through his history of posts and it is unbelievable that he has being allowed to post in his red rag to a Bull style so long....alot of people he has wound up and even got a few banned.

I have being introducing alot of friends in collage to these boards and have found the wide variety of topics/sections very good but as mild as I am I cannot for the life of me understand how someone so immature and racist post his rubbish let alone have the status of admin.

yours
    C.A.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

*sigh*.

Whitewashman is not an admin.

Repeat:

Whitewashman is not an admin.

He voluntaraily looks after the Work forum and the Boards Events forum wherein he is the moderator of those forums...on the soccer forum he has no more power then any other user and is entitled to his opinion.

I read that thread and to be fair now, wwman didnt make those posters post racist stuff and call him names etc.
    If he waves a red rag, you DONT have to respond to it you know! You tell me who's childish, the person who gets a kick out of getting a rise out of someone, or the person who rises to it with abusive name calling...

I wouldnt like to see *you* in charge of my freedom of speech if posting ...
    Well Done Rangers
    well, thats just loads of cups this season.
    and now the league is back in ibrox where it belongs.

well done lads!

... is to be made "unacceptible" on the *soccer* forum....

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

In fact, the first two posters who start the abuse are celticfc (who posted "rangers scum!!!" and borat who chimed in soon after with "Whitewashman, I think i speak on behalf of the majority of the board by stating the obvious fact that you are a wanker. "

I dont think WWMan baited them or even wave a red rag at them... definitely a case of them being the architects of their own bannings. In fact, if I see that sort of abuse again, they'll be banned from more then just Soccer...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 BlackFlag

MMMM IRONIC USE OF ANME EH....tis just a whitewash 1 admin sticking up for another....you seem to forget the whole background to Celtic/Rangers....I mean why not let welcomes Israels footballing heroes on a Palestianian board....I know it's meant to be just sport but with "part time admins" like WW you are only shooting yaself in the foot.........

Wonder if he would be that brave enough to say those kind of statements on O'Connell street.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Your palestine analogy makes no sense, it's not a celtic board, it's a soccer board.

What does O'Connell street have to do with anything?

lol

• Advertisement

Ironically the inability of the people who were banned on the soccer forum (of which you were one I think) to post an intelligent response is the fundamental problem here, and you're demonstrating it again.

Er I was not banned so get your facts right....also if you don't understand my post I really could'nt be bothered explaining it any simpler.

sorry.

Originally posted by BlackFlag
    Er I was not banned so get your facts right....

I suspect that the facts are about to change.

also if you don't understand my post I really could'nt be bothered explaining it any simpler.

I didn't say it was unintelligible, I said it was unintelligent, which it was.

What you don't seem to get is that you are the one bringing race and politics into this.

I take it I am now banned from the Soccer forum?
    Without warning or PM................and banned by who......?

Ok no problems.....was too much stacked in the admins favour when a debate arose

stay happy :)

Banned by me for persisting in trying to turn it into a political thread despite my warning.

For the record, the only admins involved here are DeVore and I. WWM's mod status on a different board is irrelevant here.

• Advertisement

But if you want to see "admin abuse" watch closely.

Banned.

DeV.

I wanted to ban him. Now I'll get all the blame and none of the pleasure.

for the record, whitewashman's name came from irony regarding the fact that he wouldnt play quake to save his life and always got whitewashed.

Also, for as long as I can remember he's been a rangers supporter.

Either way thats irrelevant. I can live without people like you around here.... believe what you will of me, for me its just another Monday.

DeV.

Ah yes, just another manic Monday, if you will. I wish it were Sunday. That's my Funday. *sigh*. Just another manic Monday.

On a whimsical note, I suppose this identification with various sporting contests (or the gloating that some eejits did in #boards.ie the other night when Britain got 0 points in the eurovision) is a sort of lowbrow way to comprehend politics if you're not very bright. On the other hand, perhaps we should do away with superfluous documents like the good Friday agreement and the confusing bureaucracy that goes with it and settle the issue with a game of football above in Windsor park between the auld enemies of Glasgow, with the winner deciding the fate of Northern Ireland. You may think I'm taking a faulty premise to an extreme conclusion mind you, but there's a lot to be said for oversimplification as our BlackFlag to a bull demonstrates.

Mind you, that WhiteWashMan can be a woeful troll.

ha ha ... /me points at ecksor and says "he did it! he did it!"

I know wwman can be a bit trolly at times but look on the brightside he quickly identifies and eliminates low intelligence morons.

Perhaps we should have a sign on the front of Boards saying
    "you must have an IQ at least this high before entering this ride".

You know, like a Krusty the Clown image with a kid under his extended arm!

DeV.

Advertisement