Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycle Bin - HELLLPPPP !!!!

Options
  • 26-05-2003 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

I deleted some files (into recycle bin - I DID NOT EMPTY RECYLE BIN). However I need to get 1 back - urgently. When I look at the recycle bin on my desktop I see there are files in it. However when I open the bin up it's says 0 files.

I know the files are still in the bin.

Anyone please help ? BTW I'm running Win 2000 svce pack 3.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

I belive there is a command called "recover" you can use from a dos prompt. You will need to know the directory path and file name for it to work. Not sure if it will work for you tho'. There are lot of undelete utilities on the web that you can use. Try not to write anything to the hard disk in the meantime if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

You can gat an app called Lost and found, it will find everything but it can take a while to do the scan.

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

This app will do the trick. You can probably get a hold of a copy off kazaa. Its not too big so wont take long to download.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Norton utilities should do it as well... obviously if it undeleting you are doing make sure you don't have too much activity going on the disk.. otherwise it may beyond recovering...

Advertisement