Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick hibs report (hmm, seems to have got a bit longer than short)

Options
  • 22-06-1998 9:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Things got off to a hectic start and continued in that fashion, I think I lost track of time between about 7 and 11 yesterday evening. Hibs v Scotland was due to start at about 7:40, I don't think it started on time. At about 7:30 on iol irc there was much shouting as word arrived that UCG had vanished from virtual sight, ie. LPBs were in very short supply. Over on 5nations irc, the debate about which server to use was just starting. It went on for what must have been at least a half-hour, with discussions raging on irc, the quake.ie server and the barrys serveras the teams checked the possible locations. There had been notices that irish games would be on quake.ie but some people perhaps hadn't read these and were not happy, ie. Scotland. Everybody eventually eneded up on quake.ie and there was much screaming, shouting and crying. Took a while for hibs to get on their own server. Game eventually started. Check the demo to see all the prematch craap.

Game went well for Hibs, although Cenobite, one of the best Scots, wouldn't play in protest about the server choice. I aint gonna give a rundown of the whole game as it was quit long, with 20 players, check the demo. Score at end was about 250 - 100 ?

Back to 5nations irc and boy was there alot of bad feeling and abuse and shouting. There was bad losing AND bad winning in evidence, (BC?). The Scots were picking on every small detail, including Slaan's unfortunate accident with a p and e model :). But mainly they were realy p!ssed off about having to play on quake.ie and getting approx 50 added to their pings. Which is alot for people with a regular ping of 50.

The tables turned for the England A game. Server was barrys, Irish pings were bad. Lots of trouble getting all the hibs on the server. There was much threatening and down-couting by the admin. I think Slaan got stuck, was kicked and the timer started.

Bunny was the only player sub 150, with about 70 on isdn. He did really well, staying up with the leading cricketers. But it was clear from the start that England had more than just a ping advantage. They took the lead and just kept making it bigger. Into the second half of the game some of the Hibs dropped? got dissed?, but one of them was Bunny. At the end we had 7 on the field. Score was, eh, about 400 - 100, or maybe even nearer 500 - 100.

Opinion:
    Why don't people try and anticipate problems and think about alternatives?
    Why don't people turn up earlier?
    Hibs played well.

Next Hibs games are in two weeks time, correct?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

: Game went well for Hibs, although Cenobite, one of the best Scots, wouldn't play in protest about the server choice. I aint gonna give a rundown of the whole game as it was quit long, with 20 players, check the demo. Score at end was about 250 - 100 ?

Ceno was a moaning idiot. He had a 90 ping. Score in the end was 450+ to about 160.

: Bunny was the only player sub 150, with about 70 on isdn. He did really well, staying up with the leading cricketers. But it was clear from the start that England had more than just a ping advantage.

No way. We started fairly well but pings, packet loss and people getting dissed ruined the game.

:
    : Opinion:
    : Why don't people try and anticipate problems and think about alternatives?
    : Why don't people turn up earlier?
    : Hibs played well.

I told these sissies a million times that it would be fairer to play on our server. It ain't perfect but its not ridiculously one sided like Barrys. Their captains were supposed to get their team on to check weeks ago. They are pig ignorant of how bad the link is between Ireland and England. One of our players was kicked at the start as well ffs. And they call us cheats. haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

: : Bunny was the only player sub 150, with about 70 on isdn. He did really well, staying up with the leading cricketers. But it was clear from the start that England had more than just a ping advantage.

: No way. We started fairly well but pings, packet loss and people getting dissed ruined the game.

One thing Von the connection from Indigo to the UK is crap. I suggest that next time for the next series
    of matches that we try and get Tinet ISDN account holders to give the use of their accounts for the country
    if the English cissies cannot handle a small increase in their pings or do we have any friends who could let
    around 6 of the Hibs players to play from a college, most of the polayers in the same location with decent
    pings would make a severe difference.

Well played Hibs.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭FlavorFlav

:
    : : : Bunny was the only player sub 150, with about 70 on isdn. He did really well, staying up with the leading cricketers. But it was clear from the start that England had more than just a ping advantage.

: : No way. We started fairly well but pings, packet loss and people getting dissed ruined the game.

: One thing Von the connection from Indigo to the UK is crap. I suggest that next time for the next series
    : of matches that we try and get Tinet ISDN account holders to give the use of their accounts for the country
    : if the English cissies cannot handle a small increase in their pings or do we have any friends who could let
    : around 6 of the Hibs players to play from a college, most of the polayers in the same location with decent
    : pings would make a severe difference.

: Well played Hibs.

: Gandalf.

For the next season, I would suggest the following rules:

1) Home and Away games, solves the whole server sh!te.

2) No lpb/hpb limits.

Yep I know the connection to UK with Indigo is craap. Even with a proxy, it's craap. We told the UK guys this but they thought it was fair that we play with rubbish pings. I mean REALLY rubbish. Who the hell has Tinet isdn?

: : One thing Von the connection from Indigo to the UK is crap. I suggest that next time for the next series
    : : of matches that we try and get Tinet ISDN account holders to give the use of their accounts for the country
    : : if the English cissies cannot handle a small increase in their pings or do we have any friends who could let
    : : around 6 of the Hibs players to play from a college, most of the polayers in the same location with decent
    : : pings would make a severe difference.

: : Well played Hibs.

: : Gandalf.

:
    : For the next season, I would suggest the following rules:

: 1) Home and Away games, solves the whole server sh!te.

: 2) No lpb/hpb limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

Even playing from a college is a loada crap to barrys, like pings of 400+, something about that server ....
    any other uk server is fine to play on...

Ro.

• Advertisement

: Even playing from a college is a loada crap to barrys, like pings of 400+, something about that server ....
    : any other uk server is fine to play on...

: Ro.

I seem to remember the lads from Limerick got good pings to Barrys.....

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

As I remember they went through a proxy inside janet(or whatever the uk thing is called)
    but any time we connected we got sh!t pings as did the ct ppl I think(not sure)

But with the new proxy maybe it`ll be fine again...

: As I remember they went through a proxy inside janet(or whatever the uk thing is called)
    : but any time we connected we got sh!t pings as did the ct ppl I think(not sure)

: But with the new proxy maybe it`ll be fine again...

Well whatever they used we need to get the Hibs to do similar, these guys need to be
    "b!tch slapped".

Gandalf.

: As I remember they went through a proxy inside janet(or whatever the uk thing is called)
    : but any time we connected we got sh!t pings as did the ct ppl I think(not sure)

UL guys got luvly 30%+ packet loss and not great pings. Beast was on 300 against wales.

Unless you're a student in UL you can't play from there anyway. That rules out the whole team. CT get rubbish pings and up to 60% packet loss to barrys. We all get rubbish pings and packet loss to Janet cos of net congestion here. Uk guys get equal or better everything playing here.

I used to get 70 - 150 ping to barrys from the leased line in work,
    but can't even fu(king connect any more...

• Advertisement
Advertisement