Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new venue..need help

Options
  • 26-05-2003 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

hi all mick here...myself and glen are opening a new venue in temple bar in 5/6 weeks capacity400, 120 seated ,280 standing its been built in the downstairs of the mezzanine bar by the same designers who did 4 dame lane,gubu,toyko joes(london) and the savoy in cork.were going to run early and late gigs plus a lot of indie clubs.theres going to be two bars .one main and a cocktail bar .the problem were having is what to call it weve come up with about 200 names a least but there either ****e or been used already so anyone got any ideas,also give us your views in what you like in a club that you dont get anywhere..were trying to make this a club thats going have everthing that makes a rockin night out..cheers mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

How about Da3......... only messin' Mick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭palmic

the name with da still wakes me up at night with very bad dreams ,it was the best of times ,it was the worst of times..mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Wicker

Originally posted by Richie
    How about Da3......... only messin' Mick!

LOL :D

Good luck with the venue .... more the merrier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ste k

The Sonic Room
    Nova
    The office ("hey where are you going tonight, back to the office...lol)

Sweat-room
    No Disco (its no longer used)
    "Micks superd new Venue"

I'll come up with some more over Class A narcotics, or alot of caffine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

Jesus Christ will you PLEASE have a f ucking JUKE BOX!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭EdBanger

With GOOD songs in it plz:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Why not copy a club in Brixton and call it Mass. Where you going? We're going to mass? I had a laugh anyway.....ah dear

Although it's sort of a relevant name in their case coz it's in a huge converted church.....hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

club venus......................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

ripping of popular telivision trends is a popular theme these days for e.g salads in the city,phoenix perk ect.although i did quite like the sonic room.
    I would like to see more bands in nightclubs and not at tridiculous hours i.e. between 9 and 11 putthe djs on first then the bands that would kick a lot of ass,ye never know when all the other gigs are over people ight come to you for more.happy decorations as opposed to gloomy room,high ceilings are always nice (t.p smyths)
    thaz it really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ickle_tayto

How about something like Escape or Underground or something daft like *******...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭back to front

I think you should go with classic Indie tune song names

VENUS IN FUR(S)

SUPERUNKNOWN

etc

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Lunar Junkie

Yeah - how about "Atrocity Exhibition"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

The sound garden?

maybe partying would help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭renagade*

how about "ciunas" as in irish for "quiteness" . I think that would be really cool and original not to mention funny since its gonna be a rocking venue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭palmic

thanks for all the names.,keep them coming send me all your address so i can send you invites to the opening night ,palmic@oceanfree.net,the special guest band on the night are a certain 3 piece who sold a million of their last album ,its a must see i wanna have real music fans at the opening instead of the usual music industry types who come down for the free bar and are never seen again...thanks mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

Is it muse?

soundgarden are not an indie band!

How about "aja"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

How about a variation on the Audioslave song 'cochise' you could call it 'Nochise' or 'knochies' as in No Cheese

:D

You would get all these trendys turning up thinking it was some top euro club with a fancy name and they wouldnt get the joke!!

Sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

Sausage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

How's about : Celler Door*

*inspiration taken from Donnie Darko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 11850

'Conduit'......not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

Interesting 11850 why not 11811?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Jeranimo

Club 7 Day Weekend (Probably to long) or the other reason it's a ****e name!!! even though I say so myself......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nonemoreblack

Nice 'n' Sleazy II...... after my fave haunt in Glasgow please make sure the dukebox is just as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

jack rabbit slim's
    Nausea (X anybody?)

what do you mean INDIE?
    as in independent music?

the waiting room (liek that show i heard on phanotm once or twice)

****in A man... ****in A.,...

Diptheria

Shakedown

DEADLY ONE. --> Juicy, juicy, Juice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ste k

Rockers Revenge

Revival (sorry I cant spell)

p45 or even worse p60

anti-pop constortium

the bollocks

mofo (a la U2 suits those kind of bars which have been designed by the same fella's)

"The Underground"

The Luas bar

Anois (now in English i think)

seanadador (musican i believe and not senator, but dont quote me)

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

mentioning of luas...............
    how about
    gridlock city?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

try using the add that was on on phantom.. some chap will name your band and call the club the name from that. or
    Invade
    decleration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Originally posted by Rockiemalt
    try using the add that was on on phantom.. some chap will name your band and call the club the name from that. or
    Invade
    decleration

now thats a good plan, you can't name something important without consulting JEFF!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

hmm, just rip off some name from the Simpsons, thats what all the cool kids do. if you watch a few episodes, im sure you'll see a bar or club with a good name.

calling it Moe's tavern would draw a crowd.

or anything to do with Zeppelin!!!

Houses of the Holy, haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I second cellar door, or perhaps "tangent universe" or "tangent"

Good luck with the venue , it sound like it'll be a great place to play, and its desperatly needed rigth now....

Advertisement