Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add Championship Manager

Options
  • 26-05-2003 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know that there has not been alot of traffic about it but there seems to be some confusion about whether it should go into strategy or games.

Perhaps a trial run as a public board and if it works then promote it.

What is thought of on this all.

Thanks,

M

PS If there is not to be a board how do I stop my manager points being reset ?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

CM board is great idea. You might almost call it essential. Or summat.

What's the best position to play Ronaldinho in? How to I stop losing 4-0 away from home?

All these questions and more coming to a board near you!

(no answers though)

Dunno about the manager points. Does it reset at the start of every season or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

It's a very popular game. We do get the occasional thread for it in Games, but I sense that this could be one of the few exception to the: interest first, build second rule.

/me grants this suggestion the amp/and/or/endorsal/of/product/service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

I endorce this here product or service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

hasn't there been numerous requests for a CM board already?

cmeire was developed with help from Boards too.

anyway, has my vote :)

as for Ronaldinho, play a 4-1-3-2....him either LM or CM

as for the manager points...they re-set after each season when the game updates during the summer.

if yore stats are goign to zero midgame tis a problem. maybe the Vaggabond can help there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

Loads of us have requested it before.
    Should hopefully get the go-ahead this time.

Thumbs up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I'd use it!

I'm playing CM4 now, and usually have it running while net browsing.

Bring on the Forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I too support this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I support this too. Despite my best efforts to keep CMEIRE open i could not. The updates were to few and far and between.People agreed to help but never did.

My time has become precious lately. I will but a redirect up on the site pointing to the board if it is setup.I would aslo like to be considering for moderator along with vaggabond.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Funny, I too would like to be considered for Mod and my time is not at all precious :)

In fact I have plenty of it and spend most of my work day browsing boards. Great to get paid for that ain't it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Yeah, why not.

Tho i don't like CM4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

As someone famous once said "Build it and they will come"

The game's adictiveness (Is this a word) is unreal !!

I've played it since it came out I think and have spent hours upon hours at the computer . I recall one game of the 94/95 edition (I think) when I dominated Scottish and European football with my Celtic team including the one and only Thierry Henry who I plucked as a teenager from Monaco .

I'd love to see it happen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

/me extends arm and waves thusly!

i also agree.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Gwan CM!!

Who gives a fnck who's mod, i just want somewhere to show screenshots of my mad CM skillz.

:p

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by ManWithThePlan
    Who gives a fnck who's mod, i just want somewhere to show screenshots of my mad CM skillz.

:p
    I do, it should be me!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yes please, keep it off the games board, so no one else has to read it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Yes CM board yes. I has been playing it pretty much non-stop since the 96/97 season. I'm currently manager of Liverpool in 2016, using non-real players (CM3). 12 Leagues and 7 European Cups + many others. I'm the bestest. Ever.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by Space_Coyote
    Yes CM board yes. I has been playing it pretty much non-stop since the 96/97 season. I'm currently manager of Liverpool in 2016, using non-real players (CM3). 12 Leagues and 7 European Cups + many others. I'm the bestest. Ever.;)

and for that Coyote, I propose you get banned from the soon to be open CM Board for bragging about yore leet CM managing skills.

nobody likes a show off :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Originally posted by Kaimera
    and for that Coyote, I propose you get banned from the soon to be open CM Board for bragging about yore leet CM managing skills.

nobody likes a show off :p

IN fact everybody likes a show off.

Picture it, the year is 2012, Liverpool are the only team to have won the CL 5 times in a row. 6 times league champions and Neil Mellor is the World Striker of the year for the third time. Won the Fa Cup with my reserve team playing every game. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

GAH!
    HOw has this board nt been created yet? ;P

I've had every cm since cm2 and I love them all :P (Mosly cm3 and updates though :D

If no board is created, may i direct those interested to www.thedugout.net and www.cmgamer.com (the dugout being my preference)

oh. and sod off if you think the game is rubbish , you jsut don't understand
    :rolleyes:

Thax for the Fish for mod, his idea to put the board up and, judging by the contributions he has already made to the very new discworld board, i think he will ad a lot to the cm irish community.

• Advertisement

Well said tbh.

CM3 is by far the best.
    The dugout is teh cool too.

G'wan admins!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

yea yea yea yea

bring it on!!

i love that game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I'm not too big into games but CM is cool, worthy of a board in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I am all in favour of this new board

Any chance of a decision on this?

There seems to be plenty of support and nice people saying they'd mod it.

Pretty please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Have they sorted CM4 out yet? Or is it still sh*t-slow and riddled with bugs?

There has been three patches, they've really helped and now the game is perfectly playable.

It's an awful awful lot faster on the aul processing (I have a 700mhz 256 RAM), match engine is tweaked well (though strikers still score too high a proportion of your goals), buying and selling is a good bit easier overall it's almost what I'd hoped it would be.

Media interaction is still almost non-existant, pause going from tactics back to match is still there and still ****ing irritating but all in all the bread and butter stuff is great.

The fourth patch (due soon) looks like it will put to bed most of the outstanding complaints. In the end it's €50 well spent but the release version is something SI should be ashamed of.

(sorry Vagga)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Aye, had the 3 patches installed, which came to almost 130megs afair. Considering the game itself is only ~400megs that's a feckin' disgrace.

I'll give it another try come EP4 though.

Oh and yea, thumbs up for the board btw :]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Unfortunately some of us can't be downloading huge patches. I'd say the shoddy release version was because the game had already taken so long to complete anyways.

I s'pose the fact that patches can be released for buggy games on the internet means games can be released in such buggy states.Slightly irritating but there ya go :mad:

On a side note, although cm4 took me a while to get into, i farkin wub it now!! Hopefully soon enough i'll be back to my lower div antics!!! Its odd that I actually like the game at all, seeing as i don't really follow football much ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Its bad that the games was release in such a state, the long term injury bug was so feckin annoying.
    The good thing is that we've had 3 "Enhancement Packs":rolleyes: so far, and the game was only released in March, so they are committed to making things better and getting it right.

If you have a very slow internet connection the most recent patches are on some magazine cover disc, PC Zone is one afaik,
    and for the price of a dublin pint you could get the patch burned on a CD in an internet cafe.

Are we going to get a forum after all?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement