Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add Championship Manager

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

But don't you all think that the game should have been released bug free and complete and not requiring patches ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by tinofapples
    But don't you all think that the game should have been released bug free and complete and not requiring patches ??

In a perfect world yes, but if they had delayed it until it became pretty much playable with EP3 (ie fairly recently), then they would have had to delay it until August when season 2003/2004 starts,

SI would have gone bust by then, CM is what they rely on for the readies

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

So is this board a flyer or not ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

It seems to be ignored by the admins when I've seen a few go up in the time this thread has been running.

The funnything is, nearly everybody has had a go at this and the scope for discussion on the game is huge.

If you build it...they will come!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by sykeirl

Great idea, my head is hungover at the moment but later I will try think of another CM thread to start - and if others do the same there will be several CM discussions going on.

It's easy to ignore CM if it is just fitting into one neat little thread.

The new threads have to be good though

Is there one on the best players to buy yet?

Maybe a boasting thread - stuff like sligo rovers winning the 1st division (it'll never happen)?

Novel tactical formations - which formations are best against which (ie what's best played against a defensive 442 etc).

Can't start 4 r 5 threads myself so feel free to use those ideas for new threads and your own inventive minds;)

• Advertisement

I am not sure if that is such a good idea Pete, if it's coming then it's gonna and if it's ruled out then I am sure the discussion will be closed, thread locked etc.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by sykeirl

Or not. A CM used to exist. No one posted to it. It vanished. End of story.

If you do a search you would know this.

Making it again? *shrug*. It may shut you people up about a boring game so you have my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

iwe could have it private and then only us die hard fans can use it, and save the souls of the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

Add my name to the list of approvals:D

*someone PM me or something to let me know if the board is up,because i probally won't search for 1 r be bach at this thread agai.

pweeeassssee.......

Spanks;)

Yes or no answer Devore please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

DeVore will answer in his own time i think...don't rush him or he'll get annoyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

why the hell do you want a CM forum when the biggest and best most informative one is available on http://community.sigames.com/1/OpenTopic or www.championshipmanager.co.uk and then clicking on community forum.

WHY WHY WHY cant you just use that one? It would whip Boards one anyday...

And the 4'th patch is out now...

Those other forums I'm sure are good but I personally wouldn't be too bothered to check a dedicated (although probably better) fourm all that often.

At the moment I spend quite a lot of time on boards and CM topics would be of interest to me as they come up. Most likely there is a better, more dedicated forum somewhere else for all the individual forums on boards, that is not the point. One of the cool things about boards is it's diversity and that almost everything can be found here.

I don't want to have to go to one specific site for CM, one for Liverpool, one for personal issues, one for....., my head would explode.

Well thats too bad if your head would explode.

If you have real personal issues...see a psychiatrist.

You can get a question answered instantly on that other board. A Cm board would not be that great on Boards.

I can get a question answered regarding lots of other things elsewhere also, but is that the point. Surely there is other forums where questions on quake or battlefield can be answered instantly, but there is still a place for them here.

If I have real personal issues, I will see a psychiatrist, absolutely, sound advice - thanks.

My head is in no imenant danger of exploding (thanks to boards;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

It won't hurt I mean theres loads of forums hardly used here so why not add CM.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by irish1
    It won't hurt I mean theres loads of forums hardly used here so why not add CM.

Why add one more that wont be used.

Hobbes has already pointed out what nobody bothered to research and that is that THERE ALREADY WAS ONE and noone used it.

Theres loads of forums on boards that could be re-merged (im guessing Battlefield will be one in the future, ditto OpFlash if its not already gone) why create another?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

In the interests of efficiency I suggest this solution.
    Create a combined Championship Manager and Excel Spreadsheet Training Course forum.
    The subject matter of each is so similar it would be sheer madness not to do this.

It was a poor choice of words by irish1, easily picked on. The battlefield board seems quite healthy to me - haven't a notion what it's about but then I'm not going to be using it so I don't need to. The one or two other recent threads I've seen regarding CM have done quite well. Boards has grown and now could be a good time to give it a go again. Isn't there any probationary way of creating the board?

And the Lord of The rings board was removed and replaced, was there a Gaa board before that was removed and replaced ? Both of these boards are going alright now and they obviously were not when they were removed.

Just because there wasn't any interest in it before does not mean that there will not be any now. There have been quite a few people expressing an interest in it and if the board flops then I wouldn't imagine that it would be a tremendous amunt of work to move/delete any threads on it if it were to be removed again.

anyway, keep heads down and just keep posting on it in games at the moment, soon all of the l33t Gam0rs will be screaming to get us off their board :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Why add one more that wont be used.

Hobbes has already pointed out what nobody bothered to research and that is that THERE ALREADY WAS ONE and noone used it.

Theres loads of forums on boards that could be re-merged (im guessing Battlefield will be one in the future, ditto OpFlash if its not already gone) why create another?

Because we can!!

how about changing the racing sims forum to all simulation games as champ mana comes under a simulation. I mean why do they need a racing sim forum over anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

a agree Add Championship Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by irishgeo
    how about changing the racing sims forum to all simulation games as champ mana comes under a simulation. I mean why do they need a racing sim forum over anything else.
    Great idea.

I think I proposed a while ago to change Racing Sims to Sports Games including CM and all the footy games of course and all those BBall games, Tennis games etc.

Couldn't fail to generate traffic and a good compromise with those who regard a CM forum as something to be approached only with Holy Water, Garlic and a good sturdy sharpened two by four.

your not getting a championship manager forum...

Originally posted by 50Cent
    your not getting a championship manager forum...
    I think you forgot the "Na na na na na na..." you inbred pig****er.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by DapperGent
    I think you forgot the "Na na na na na na..." you inbred pig****er.

"donkey-raping sh!t-eater" is my current insult of choice,

and two thumbs up for the Champ Man forum as well,
    wouldn't mind modding it either even though I've just ruled myself out by saying that.......hmmm......oh well maybe people won't notice.....god its late.......:o

haha you donkey cock sucking mules. Your not getting one.

You spelt "you're" wrong. Again.

• Advertisement

Your not getting one...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement