Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VXD's.... also WIN98 upgrade to XP

Options
  • 26-05-2003 4:08pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

ok 2 questions...

Why would i be getting a "VXD's are all full" error message sometimes when i boot win98 but once i click ok, it lets me continue on anyway???
    what are VXD's?!!!

2. I have a PIII 850MHz with 320MB SDRAM and plenty of HD space. is it worth upgrading from WIN98 to XP or should i just leave the OS as is??? will it effect my Half life and Op Flashpoint games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Morphéus
    2. I have a PIII 850MHz with 320MB SDRAM and plenty of HD space. is it worth upgrading from WIN98 to XP or should i just leave the OS as is??? will it effect my Half life and Op Flashpoint games?
    (I'm ignoring your first question as I really have no idea)

I'd switch to XP, if only for the extra stability. A P3-850 with that much RAM will be happy running XP. Usual provisos about a clean install being ideal apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭MrBigglesworth

VxDs are virtual device drivers and that's as far as I go, probably a software "link" to the physical device. Whenever I come across one that occurs on a regular basis, I just google the exact error line.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

thanks mates,

i will consider the XP upgrade over the weekend, as for the VXD's it doesnt occur all the time so i will wait til it re-occurs and then google it too :)

cheers for the help.

Advertisement